Can I file AOS in California while my I-140 is approved by Texas

amu485

Registered Users (C)
I have been living & working in California..As my Corporate office is in Texas, they have filed my labor & I-140 in Texas. My I140 is approved now. I want to file my 485-AOS in California. Can I do that? Any risks? Anybody out there who did this?

Do not do that.

Hi,
The 485 filing guidelines clearly state that it should be filed in the centre which has jurisdiction on the place of employment.

My lawyer did this mistake and after one year of wait now my case is being transfered to different service centre.

No Title

see I have done the same thing.. You just need to file AOS portability after 180 days.. And you\'ll be fine..

Amu485. Yes you can.

I filed my Labor & 485 with TSC but since I live in CT I filed 485 with VSC. It proved to be a good choice since VSC is faster than TSC. My 485 was approved recently. Since you live and work in CA, you definitely can take advantage by filing with CSC since it\'s very fast. No problem at all.

Hello Crapshooter

Hi Crapshooter,

I am also in same situation. My Labor and I-140 were approved at TSC, but my lawyer has filed my I-485 at Nebrasca( because I live in Colorado).
I have seen so many messages on NSC board that there will be lot of DELAY in I-485 if you file at different service center...main reason is they have to get doumentation from previous service center( looks like it supposed to be lengthy process!)
Now, my question is: Do you think there will be dealy in processing? ..Did your I-485 processed in regular time duaration?...

I would appreciate if share your thoughts and experience!

Thanks,
DESI_123