Can I file another I-485 application with corrected...

Fay

Registered Users (C)
Hi Attorney / Gurus,
I have filed I-485 recently but sent with incorrect DOB certificate for my wife on July 30 and have not yet recieved a reciept.
1. To avoid confusion/delays/RFE's ,can I file another I-485 with corrected certificate and withdraw/cancel the first applicaton after I get a reciept.
2. Should I file again for all members ( me on H1B and my kids on H4), of can I submit only for my wife who is on H4 visa.
3. Is there some other way ??

Greatly appreciate your help as time is running out ...

Fay

rocky_rock, Fay:

I would suggest to not to go through the confusing situation by refiling for a new 485 now.

Since you sent the packet on July 30th, which is fairly recent, wait for it to be opened, and let them issue an RFE for the birth cert. In that way, atleast you would not reinvent the whole wheel, and start over. RFEs are quite common on various stages of the GC process. There is nothing to avoid or be concerned about it.

Atleast, by the time they get that far, your rest of the paperwork will be in their hand and as soon as you provide the rectified birthcert, your wife's 485 will get through.

Why complicate it now, by doing the withdrawal after getting the receipt etc ?

My opinion is to hang in there and keep your cool and wait for the RFE, rather than confusing the USCIS. As it is they will be overwhelmed with the multitude of apps flowing in.

My 2 cents.