can I file a complain against my lawyer?

davli024

Registered Users (C)
two months ago, my lawyer asked me not to bother her in 2 months, because my frequent emails distract her from working, (I sent her one email per day for two days regarding my 485 pending issue, because my RD is Oct, 2001 and I still haven't heard anything, so I thought I have every reason to know a little more from her, apparently she didn't think so), so I didn't bother her for 2 months, this morning she sent me email with the title of "update", saying that my case is still pending and their office has receipt date as early as 09/01/01 hasn't been approved and she will check again in another two month". come on, this is what I got from waiting for 2 months, what is she gonna do after another 2 months? repeat my on-line status again? I could do that many times a day, why do I have to pay her to do that?
:mad: :mad: :mad: this endless waiting is bad enough and I don't want pay someone to make it worse.
so please friends, help with this, I paid the whole package, what should be the rights I have? what would be the services that I could get? is it wise for me to switch to another lawyer at this time? can I file a complain about her malpractice anywhere?

I too had some problems with my previous attorney who told me that he would withdraw my I485 against my wish. Then I put this question to Jim Mills website. Then Jim told that we can file ethical complaint agianst any attorney who works against your interests. But you need to have strong proof that he is acting against you. If proven, he will be debarred for 2 to 3 years.

Since myne is AC21 case, I got rid of that previous attorney and new attorney did the job pretty good.

So if you are close to GC, hang on and file ethical complaint later.
Otherwise switch the attorney.

Originally posted by davli024
two months ago, my lawyer asked me not to bother her in 2 months, because my frequent emails distract her from working, (I sent her one email per day for two days regarding my 485 pending issue, because my RD is Oct, 2001 and I still haven't heard anything, so I thought I have every reason to know a little more from her, apparently she didn't think so), so I didn't bother her for 2 months, this morning she sent me email with the title of "update", saying that my case is still pending and their office has receipt date as early as 09/01/01 hasn't been approved and she will check again in another two month". come on, this is what I got from waiting for 2 months, what is she gonna do after another 2 months? repeat my on-line status again? I could do that many times a day, why do I have to pay her to do that?
:mad: :mad: :mad: this endless waiting is bad enough and I don't want pay someone to make it worse.
so please friends, help with this, I paid the whole package, what should be the rights I have? what would be the services that I could get? is it wise for me to switch to another lawyer at this time? can I file a complain about her malpractice anywhere?

My dear,

We need to understand issue at hand first. In my opinon your attorny did nothing wrong that can be held in the court of law or that can be used as a ground for filing an ethical complaint. Yes if she said (and even that in writing!) that she will take back your I-485 against your will (as some one in this thread was told!) that is mighty good reason to tighten her/his screws.

Yes her attitude was probably non-professional and it is your prerogative to change your lawyer, should you feel so compelled, based on what kind of services you are getting in return.

On the other side I honestly think these lawyers really don't know a diddly-squat about a case once it is filed and is in the hands of these INS morons. It really is no good shouting or cursing your lawyer, she seem stempramental so more resaons not to get worried about the bitch!

BTW: my RD is September 2001 and I am waiting as if was born to wait.

Cheers,
Slave

thank you all

my friends! I feel much better now after reading your posts. thanks for all the support and let's hang on until our days come!

Best of luck to you all, may this week be the week for you!!!