Can I file a case (propertycase) in India when my N400 appl for citizen is under proc

kulla

Registered Users (C)
Hi All
I need a clarification from seniors and experts from this board.
Can I file a case (property case) in India when my N400 application for US citizen is under process?
Here are the details:

I already filed my N400 application in the month of February 2007.
Now I came to know that my uncle is trying to cheat us by stealing and by selling my grand father property in India without giving us share and without our involvement.
My grand father died long back and my father too died and I came to US. Taking this as advantage my uncle(my father brother is trying to steal the property). I came to know this. This is not a small property. (it is worth few millions in US currency). Since this is my Grandfather’s property ,as a grandson I have full rights to claim my share. I have to file the case now(right now in a few days or at least give my mother power of attorney) to stop anything happening to the property. To do that ,I have to give the lawyer my US address.
My question is when my N400 application process is going on here,Can I file this property case. Is this going to delay my application process?
Experts please throw some light on this.

Hi All
I need a clarification from seniors and experts from this board.
Can I file a case (property case) in India when my N400 application for US citizen is under process?
Here are the details:

I already filed my N400 application in the month of February 2007.
Now I came to know that my uncle is trying to cheat us by stealing and by selling my grand father property in India without giving us share and without our involvement.
My grand father died long back and my father too died and I came to US. Taking this as advantage my uncle(my father brother is trying to steal the property). I came to know this. This is not a small property. (it is worth few millions in US currency). Since this is my Grandfather’s property ,as a grandson I have full rights to claim my share. I have to file the case now(right now in a few days or at least give my mother power of attorney) to stop anything happening to the property. To do that ,I have to give the lawyer my US address.
My question is when my N400 application process is going on here,Can I file this property case. Is this going to delay my application process?
Experts please throw some light on this.

I see no connection between the two. You don't loose property rights in India by becoming a US citizen. You cannot purchase new properties after you become a US citizen but you don't loose inherited properties. I am about to take oath tomorrow and I also have reasonable amount of inherited property in India -- so, I did check this aspect thoroughly.

My question here is can i file a property case when my N400 is under process?

Hi
My question here is can i file a property case when my N400 is under process?
Please throw some light

Thanks