Can I extend my EAD at Newark the same day

ushap

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My RD = Sep 24

My EAD is getting expired in 2 months and I did not yet get my GC approval. I'm checking the INS answering machine daily. I'm hoping that I will get my GC approval in another 2 weeks.

My lawyer is presurizing me to file for EAD extension. He says that we should apply 3 months before the EAD expiry and I'm already late. Should I apply for EAD extension.

Is it possible to go to Newark center and apply for the EAD extension a couple of weeks before the EAD expiry date.
Can the Newark INS office do the EAD extension the same day if we stand in the line. I shall carry all the necessary documents that they will need.

Please let me know if I need to worry about applying for EAD extension right away or can wait until 2 weeks before the EAD expiry date.

Thanks,
Ushap

You are not allowed to walk-in and apply for EAD extension at Newark office except when you have an EAD application pending in VSC for more than 90 days or your EAD application is pending in Newark office ( in case of local transfers) for more than 90 days. So what your lawyer is saying is ture. VSC is processing applicaition pretty fast now a days , so send out the application ASAP. You don't need the help of a lawyer to apply . There are 100s of postings in this forum tells you how to apply.

Thanks for clarifying. So I will apply for EAD extension.

But how much before I should apply for EAD extension. Is it 3 months before the expiration or can I apply 2 weeks before the expiration.

Lets say I applied for EAD extension 2 weeks before the exipry and did not get the EAD extension in those 2 weeks. Then can I legally work??

Please let me know.

No you can not work legally after your EAD expires.

I applied for EAD renewal on 9/4 , ND 9/9 .. not approved yet.

So act fast and apply for renewal.