Can I do FP in another state?

g-man

Registered Users (C)
I have got my FP notice for VA. I used to live there thatswhy I got my FP for VA. I am in PA now and would like to have my FP done in PA.
Is it possible?
What is the procedure?
What is the number to call?

Can I just go there without appointment with FP notice?

Any input would be highly appreciated.

Absolutely no problem

I got my fingerprinting done today at completely different place and date which was there on the notice. My case is exactly similar to you. I explained my case to INS officer . They agreed without any problem. I did not call any number to change appointment.

INS or FBI officer?

Thanks for the quick response.
Did you talk to INS officer or FBI officer? Isn\'t the FP done at FBI location? Do they ask any other information? like why you moved here etc....

No Questions were asked

I showed him proof of new address in the form of Drivers license. Before that I had called up INS VSC to notify change of address. Local INS guy saw my new address in his system and told me that he can accept the application. I went to local INS application support center

When should I reach there?

Thanks for the information.
FYI, I am still using my old address because that address is permanent and I can always get the mail on that address. My new address is not in the INS system so I think it would be a problem?

Is there a time for walk-in people or I can do there anytime during the day?

g-man, can you post your RD, ND details..

g-man, can you post your RD, ND details..This would help lot of VA waiters for FP..

Thanks