Can I do early FP in SJC - scheduled at Oakland

Early FP?

i too had mine scheduled in sept in oakland, are there any pros/cons associated with early fp. If i do early fp, will it expedite 485 processing, are there any cases/experiences which had advantage with early fp.

Can we go to other ins office sfo/sanjose intead of oakland

tonysor said:
are there any pros/cons associated with early fp. If i do early fp, will it expedite 485 processing, are there any cases/experiences which had advantage with early fp.
Think of it this way, can you get approved without your case file being complete? No! So why not complete the case file ASAP?

As far as proof of advantages of early FP, check the poll for approval after FP and read the approval threads, they will give you a fair idea of how long it takes after FP for approval, and what it means to go early for FP.

Early FP is very advantageous!

I received my 2nd FP notice on June 09, 2004 with a schedule date of July 24, 2004 at SJ ASC. I went for an early FP on June 12, 2004. The USCIS online status showed FP results received by them on June 15, 2004. Thereafter, my AOS was approved on July 12, 2004.

As can be seen, I got approved before my scheduled FP date! So go for it!
Good Luck.

sunny_sunday said:
Can I do early FP at San Jose ASC ? My FP is scheduled at Oakland ASC in September. Please advise.

Guys: I just got back from the Charcot ASC in San Jose. Went there at 2:10pm and was out of there by 2:25pm with my fingerprints done! Hardly anyone in line.

My 2nd FP notice was for September 1st at Oakland. I read the messages in this forum and decided to give it a try. At the ASC, no one questioned me as to what I was doing there (instead of going to Oakland) a month before my appointment date!

My recommendation - go there on a weekday afternoon (say around 2pm). Remember, they are only open Tues-Sat (8am-4pm). And yes, the directions on Mapquest are wrong (i.e., turn the other way on Charcot than that indicated). Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Arsene_Lupin said:
And yes, the directions on Mapquest are wrong (i.e., turn the other way on Charcot than that indicated). Good luck!

I think the directions on USCIS site is correct :) -- only Navteq has it backwards !

Question for bigboss

bigboss0520 said:
Early FP is very advantageous!

I received my 2nd FP notice on June 09, 2004 with a schedule date of July 24, 2004 at SJ ASC. I went for an early FP on June 12, 2004. The USCIS online status showed FP results received by them on June 15, 2004. Thereafter, my AOS was approved on July 12, 2004.

As can be seen, I got approved before my scheduled FP date! So go for it!
Good Luck.

Hi Bigboss,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Did you get an RFE in your case before or after 2nd FP?

In my case, I got my 2nd FP scheduled for 08/27 and today (08/04) I just walked into San Jose ASC at 3:15 with my wife and it was done in 10 minutes..no questions asked.

Waiting for further progress..

Hi all,

I just got my early 2nd fp done at Oakland on 8/6/04. It was scheduled at late Aug. I told the officer that I have to go to a seminar (which is true) on that day. I provided him my schedule on that day. So, I think you can do yours early as long as you have a valid reason. I went there around noon. It also helps if they're not busy. Don't come in the morning. I believe they close around 3pm everyday. Good Luck all.

I had FP done early and I was scheduled for St Paul. I think its good idea to go there in early morning rather than afternoon. When i tried to go in the afternoon,they seemed busy and didn't allow me to go have it done early. But 2 days later, I went in early morning,was the only person in the line and was out in 5 mins. I went on Friday morning ,i guess that helped too.
So if you are going to one in Sanjose at Charcot Ave,I would advise to go around 9.00 am .

early FP at San Jose ASC

I did my early FP on 8/7 at San Jose ASC at 3 PM. No questions were asked and completed FP within 10 minutes. It was originally scheduled on 8/20 at Oakland ASC.