Can I do CP in parallel with AOS using 2 I140(wife\'s and mine)

easthorn

Registered Users (C)
We submited I485 based on my wife\'s I140. Now my I140 (NIW) is also approved. So can we use my I140 and do the CP without withdraw the I485?
What if CP is denied, can we go back to US based on AP from my wife\'s AOS application?

Appreciated!

Stop it!

One of the reasons INS has so much of workload is because of people who file multiple petitions. Choose one option and stick with it. Don\'t try to act smart...

-XML

No Title

Cmon! Dont be ridiculous. The reason INS has so much workload is because they are underfunded and incompetent. Do you not read the news? A few people having mulitple submissions will make no difference to your case. Offer helpful advice or shut up. No one cares for your inaccurate facts here. As to the OP, I dont know the answer to your question. Hopefully someone else will be more insightful.

Same boat but no clear answer

You will get a mixed reaction for this.
My attorney is reluctant since he does not know the consequence since either person would be there as dependent on the petitions. I guess all attorneys will be against it. But if you insist they will do it for you. But technically there should not be any problem since they are two seperate I-140s.

I would suggest you take a third opinion from the attroney on this site or some other attrorney like Sheela Murthy with telephone consultation, if you feel its a do or die sitaution for you.

Otherwise I too feel be patient and stick to one of the procedure and use the other petition as a backup.

Your Answer!

I am in the same boat. Please search for "CP (as primary) and AOS (as spouse) at the same time?" discussion.

I just applied for my CP. I already applied for 485 thro\' my spouse\'s application. I spoke to several lawyers. Nobody has a clear answer. My lawyer said we could do it and there is no law that says you can not do it. The worst that can happen is INS may ask you to stop one of the processes. In Sheela Murthy\'s chat last Monday(05/20/2002), she commented that it may be a good idea indeed. After a lot of debate I decided to go for it. Good luck, let us all know what you decide. You can be in touch with me via giveittomainer@yahoo.com

Finally, to XML, all of us are trying to get our GCs as soon as possible in this uncertain market and try to influence it how ever possible. One of the reasons INS has a lot of cases is a lot of us are trying to get our GC. May be you should consider withdrawing your application to free up the load.

Thank you!

Thanks for the great info.

XML: We are all the victims of INS. Our LC stuck in TWC for >3 years. I\'ll not spend extra time and money to do 2nd application unless I\'m worried about the coming layoff of my wife\'s company. Please be considerate.

No Title

Do you guys know why INS sends all those reconfirmation letters? It\'s because people apply for both AOS and CP. INS is lazy and we are giving them more reasons to be more lazy. INS just want some reason to delay the whole process more and more. It doesn\'t matter how many people apply for multiple petitions, INS just want a reason to screw up everybody...

if you are willing to spend the xtra 5G\'s why not

The INS deserves the crap they get, it takes st louis 2 weeks to FORWARD your DS230 to NVC.. I mean they dont review it, just to accept a cashiers check....