Can I do AP and EAD myself?

chinabee

Registered Users (C)
I guess it's the time to do another AP and EAD as I don't see anything happening for my GC.

Can I apply for them myself? My lawyer is charging both me and my wife $2000.

Could anybody give me some hints?

It is a very simple form. I did it for my wife and am going to do it again for myself. If you come across any problem put the question on the forum and hopefully you will get an answer.

I did by my EAD couple of times ad got approved. It is very simple. You can do it, We can help. Remember Home Dipot...

You guys are the only shine in this dreadful wait. If I do them myself, the worse is that they deny my application and i just have to stay in US, right? EAP and AP have nothing to do with my I485, right? I have no intention to change job.

No problem

Whatever outcome should have no impact on your I-485. I have done all my EADs and APs myself. On one occasion, I missed a document in an application, I then received a RFE asking me to submit missed doc., then approved. Unless you did a really poor job in putting an application together, your application would not be denied.

Applied Ap EAD myself

My lawyer too was asking for a lot of money and we decided to do it ourselves. EAD at TSC got approved for my wife and me in 40 days. AP also got approved in 35 days. Just include the stub from previous EAD to expedite processing and you should be all set to file it yourself. AP is a very simple form. All the Best!

Have not heard a very good response from the people who have been filing online. You are better off sending by certified mail.

Last edited by a moderator:
My AP expires 01. 2005, but my EAD expires 06. 2005. Should I file them concurrently?

It seems I only need to attach a copy of I485 Receipt and 2 photo for both applications. Is that right? I'll attach previous approval notices - that's good one.