Can I continue GC processing with previous employer???

h1bwork

I have switched employer recently. With previous employer GC was applied at TWC in Oct, 99 EB3 non RIR and state Labor is not cleared, yet. Can I use this GC processing, later. I might also apply for a new GC at TWC with the new employer as EB2 RIR. I have only 3 years left on my H1. Is it legal continue the previous GC and new at the same time. Any suggestions???

No Title

First of all, GC is employment based (in this case) so if you have quit the first employer then you cannot continue. Thru the new employer, yes you can pursue GC.

Simultaneous applications are possible, if they are legal or not you better ask your attorney. Whom you are working for is considered and processed/approved/so forth by INS. Because, say for instance if your labor from the first employer came thru, then for I-140 & rest of the processing INS needs employers (HR\'s) signature and etc. If you can you manage these, then you may continue.

==============
I\'m not a lawyer or an expert. My postings should not be considered as suggestions, they are mere postings of no value.

No Title

You can do your GC process thru an employer even if you have not worked a single day for him. Keep in mind that, GC is for FUTURE employment, the employer simply has to demonstrate that he has full intention of hiring you in the position mentioned on your Labor Cert.
once you get the GC.

So yes, you can continue GC thru your previous employer. Just make sure that you get a smart lawyer.