Can I claim Unemployment Insurance using EAD card?

jlu

Registered Users (C)
I am secondary applicant. I just lose my job. I have EAD.
I applied unemployment insurance. But they sent me a latter
for a copy of GC. I have no GC, I only have EAD. Can I claim
unemployment insurance using EAD card?

Thanks a lot.

jlu

This was on California EDD webpage

To collect UI benefits aliens must establish that they
                                                        were in satisfactory immigration status and authorized
                                                        to work in the United States when earning the wages
                                                        used to establish their claim. In addition, the claimant
                                                        must provide proof that they remain in satisfactory
                                                        immigration status and are authorized to work each
                                                        week that benefits are claimed. EDD verifies
                                                        immigration status and work authorization through an
                                                        electronic system maintained by the Immigration and
                                                        Naturalization Service.

So I should qualify to apply since I can use EAD to work anytime. Am I right? Thanks for your info.

I hope you are right!

My wife is going to be in the same situation in December. Please keep us posted on how it goes for you.

People who have filed for I-485 also need this info!

Who have filed for I-485 and have EAD can benifit from this.

later
snoop

Yes. You are qualified to receive free money.

In addition you are also qualified to receive a yearly bonus when you complete one year of living on free money.