Can I choose a service center when filing NIW petition?

afu1428

Registered Users (C)
Currently I am working in Iowa. My understanding is that I have file I140 to NSC. And NSC will decide either NSC or TSC to handle my case. My lawyer told me today that I can directly file I140 to TSC without through NSC. Anyone heard of this news? Thanks.

Filing in other service centers

You can file an EB1/ NIW (any non-employer dependent) petition at any service center provided you can furnish an address in their jurisdiction.

hello_007 said:
You can file an EB1/ NIW (any non-employer dependent) petition at any service center provided you can furnish an address in their jurisdiction.
Thanks. My lawyer is in Texas. Does that mean I can file to TSC?

All employment-based immigration petitions will be handled by NSC and TSC with NSC to the point of contact effective April 01, 2006. Look at the press release by USCIS on March 24, 2006.

2006gc said:
All employment-based immigration petitions will be handled by NSC and TSC with NSC to the point of contact effective April 01, 2006. Look at the press release by USCIS on March 24, 2006.
I know that notice. Why my lawyer told me that I can file to TSC? Very confusing.

There is a grace period for submission of forms at the wrong center. If you have read the full press release, this is clearly indicated in that document as well. AILA has also recommended all its members to submit the petitions directly to NSC (for immigrant petitions) and VSC (for nonimmigrant petition).
Of course you can submit to TSC. It will be routed again to NSC. NSC will decide whether the case will be adjudicated at NSC or TSC. It is up to you and your lawyer. May be he has "insider" information. I am not an attorney.