can i change position in the same company?

dimarisha

Registered Users (C)
I have changed a position in the same company after 3 month aftr RD. Is that a big problem? Should I notify INS?
If anybody has the same situation, could you please give me advice. Thank you to veryone . GOOD LUCK!

I'm was working in the college as an admssion evaluator. My i-140 was approved, and I applied for I-485. My RD is April 20. My salary is 28K, exactly, what says in the application. But on july 1-st I was offered a position of externship cordinator. I agreed. My salary is the same. But my position is defferent. The duties are different. But as it's still an administrative work, maybe it's OK? what do you think?

You have to make the new responsibilities sound similar like the old job's responsibilities. If you see in the LC application, the responsibilities would have been detailed, the new job should have most (subjective, can be anywhere from 50-90% is my personal opinion) of the responsibilities...

Job Change after filing I485/I 140 (in May 03)

Jaxen,

I am in this situation now. Can you explain what is LC? I was Consultant Engineer when my LC was filed and then in May 03 my attorney filed concurently both I140/I485. Now my company is offering me a new job position as Account Engineer effective 8/4/03 with a salary of $75,000. My salary when I commence filing the LC was around $56K.

Can I change my job now and stay in my present location and then relocated to CA after the 180 days rule? Will I be in any violation and thus be denied my GC?

Pls respond ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
Ken