Can I change jobs with I485 approved?

desiyaar

Registered Users (C)
I was suppose to resign tomorrow from job and use AC-21 to transfer to new company. Surprisingly, I got I485 approval notice an hour back.

Does anyone know if changing job at this point impact my green card or citizenship application later on? Requesting early response. Thank you!

Also what is the next step after I have recieved I485 approval notice? Do I have to go for finger printing? or just wait for GC card in mail?

Appreciate your help.

desiyaar,

First of all congratulations on 485 approval. Since this approval is based on the long time prospects at your current job, I would imagine that quitting now would not be advisable. AC-21 was available to you as long as 485 was pending. It would also depend on what terms you are leaving your present employer....if there is lot of acrimony, they may report you. If on the other hand you are parting ways amicably, the situation may not be so bad.

Check with you attorney and post this query of yours on the main 485 thread. There are many gurus around who may advise you. This sub-thread is not frequented by many.

All the best.

Intezar

I am not an attorney :rolleyes: