can i change employer

kghantaji

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have applied for concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485(July 21 2003), My EAD has been approved in 51 days(Sept 9th 2003), and today is 113th day and my I-140 is still not approved, i have got the permanent offer from another firm, can join that company if my employer agrees, what are the concequences, and what are the steps i need to take.

I have read from other forums that i can change the employeer if 485 has been applied todate shd be 6 months and I 140 should be clear, then only i can change the employeer....

Please Help

Kris

Questions you may want to think about...

1. what happens if you get an RFE on your I-140 and you are no longer with the current employer.
2. your I-140 is not approved...in that case your EAD is automatically cancelled and if you are joining the new company on EAD then you are out of status.
3. following your I- 140 approval your current employer decides to revoke your I-140 because you joined another company.

Change after I-140 approval AND I-485 pending more than 180 days. if you change now and employer revokes I-140 you can not use AC21

It is wierd, today i see this message on the bcis online case status.

On November 13, 2003, we mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case. The notice explains in detail what additional material is needed

any problem?

Kris

u got an rfe. they may need additional information frm befor ethey approve u.

details of ur education/experience and company's ability to pay are the most common rfe,

of and on i was on the bench, will that be any kind of problem
---- For H1 visa stamp out of US you may face problems (because of less salary than LCA) but for I-140 approval you don’t have any problem as GC is for Future job, BCIS may have sent RFE for your educational documents, Exp letters, employer ability to pay or can be for your 3 year BS degree all depends on what was on LC . Once your lawyer receive RFE you will know what they are asking. At this time from NSC 50% are getting RFE for I-140,I dont know your service center

the service center is Nebracka,

I am basically an MCA(Masters degree) (3Yrs)
In india MCA is done after Bachelors Degree(3Yrs)
experience (Does that include experience in india aswell) coz i have been working in 4 different companies in india.

and in USA i was with different employeer prior to current employeer

Kris

Re : kghantaji

Kris,

Can you please post what your RFE is about after you receive the details from your lawyer. My educational qualifications are similar to yours. 3 years Bachelor's degree with 3 years Master's (MCA).

Also, it would be helpful for others in the forum who are in a similar situation and get them prepared.

All the best.

Thanks,
Dave

Originally posted by kghantaji
the service center is Nebracka,

I am basically an MCA(Masters degree) (3Yrs)
In india MCA is done after Bachelors Degree(3Yrs)
experience (Does that include experience in india aswell) coz i have been working in 4 different companies in india.

and in USA i was with different employeer prior to current employeer

Kris

as i said i got an RFV and i need to do education evaluation again my attorney has asked me to send w2 forms for 2001 ans 2002, and also pay checks for spet/oct/nov( where i am on bench for those months) will there be any problem regd.

i am worried, if anyone is in the same boat please let me know what shd be my next step.

as i said i got an RFV and i need to do education evaluation again my attorney has asked me to send w2 forms for 2001 ans 2002, and also pay checks for spet/oct/nov( where i am on bench for those months) will there be any problem regd.

i am worried, if anyone is in the same boat please let me know what shd be my next step.