can I change attorney while I-485 pending due to visa retrogression? Hlep please!

ganguer

Registered Users (C)
I-485 pending, see case detail in the signature.

Is it Ok that I change attorney now? Gurus, please advise.
Any help greatly appreciated.

----------------------------------------
PD July 2002.
EB2, con-current filing
RD: Feb. 2003
ND: Mar. 2003
First FP: Apr. 2003
I-140 AD: May 2004
Second FP: Nov. 2004
FBI Namechecks completed: Mar. 2005
I-485 LUD: May 2005, Sept 8, Sept 9, Oct. 4, Oct.5

You can change your attorney anytime you like - as long as your employer does not have problem with that. Make sure you submit the new G-28 with your signature and your new attorney's information promptly to the Service Center where your case is pending. Any further communication about your case will be forwarded to the attorney in file - so you don't want to delay in that. Good luck.

Thanks a lot, Shaf

I have not decided to change or not, just consult for the possibilities. Yes, my employer would be fine with change. I would like to change to someone who takes my case more seriously and be more responsive in a timely manner in handling my case.

Is there any other legal steps I should follow in changing the attorney besides what you said? If I were to change, should I ask the current attorney to return all my documents to me, so that I could forward to the new attorney?

Thanks again

Shaf said:
You can change your attorney anytime you like - as long as your employer does not have problem with that. Make sure you submit the new G-28 with your signature and your new attorney's information promptly to the Service Center where your case is pending. Any further communication about your case will be forwarded to the attorney in file - so you don't want to delay in that. Good luck.