Can I change appointment date?

mariainclt

Registered Users (C)
Hï,
Received FP appointment letter for Jan 8th, but I am currently overseas getting medical treatment and dont expect to be back in the States until March (I need surgery).

My question is....can I reschedule the FP appoint? and if so..how long will it delay my N-400 application?

I could fly in just for FP and back out but I dont think that would look too good ....would it?

Any advice welcomed!Thanks and happy new year to all.

Just send USCIS a letter indicating that you wish to reschedule your FP for when you get back. Needless to say it will delay your case by the amount of time you delay your FP.

Just send USCIS a letter indicating that you wish to reschedule your FP for when you get back. Needless to say it will delay your case by the amount of time you delay your FP.

That is what I wonder though...I have been told that there is no gtee they will give me a date after March which is when I am returning to the States, is that so? can I actually tell them I want a date after March?

Also....will it delay my case just for the amount of time FP are delayed..ie 2 months?

Returning just for FP not a good idea?
Thanks!!!

You can request an appointment for March, but like you said there's no guarantee they will honor your request. Even if they reschedule you for February you can still do a walk in March, or you can return just for FP in February.

You can request an appointment for March, but like you said there's no guarantee they will honor your request. Even if they reschedule you for February you can still do a walk in March, or you can return just for FP in February.

I can travel before surgery, it should all be over (health wise after March) so,would u advise that I do:

A) Return to States for FP Jan 8th (3 day trip) then return to the States for good after March? (I am concerned coming back just for FP will look bad)

Or

B) Rescheduling FP for after March? (Downside..adds months to my application)

Thanks!!

If it is not a big deal for you....fly in just for the FP. Don't worry about what looks bad. If you have met all the requirements needed for naturalization before you applied...it does not matter.
As a permanent resident you have every right to travel for business or personal reasons.

I can travel before surgery, it should all be over (health wise after March) so,would u advise that I do:

A) Return to States for FP Jan 8th (3 day trip) then return to the States for good after March? (I am concerned coming back just for FP will look bad)

Or

B) Rescheduling FP for after March? (Downside..adds months to my application)

Thanks!!

You'll have to weigh pros and cons and determine how they fit your circumstance. Rescheduling in March would only add two months to processing.