Can I call the USCIS Officer showing on N-652

nbk10081

Registered Users (C)
Hello Guys,
I finished my interview on May 9th and due to name issue decision is pending name check.
I recieved N-652 and it has the name of the USCIS officer. Some one on this forum gave me a number to Cherry hill, NJ DO. My question is..is it worth calling them. Will I get a answer I can trust.
Please if any body knows anything what I am talking about. Can they share their experience.

Thanks in advance.

NBK.

MD - 02/29/2008
PD - 03/04/2008
FD - 03/25/2008
IL - 05/01/2008
ID - 05/09/2008 (Wife Done. Self waiting for oath letter).

InfoPass

Hello Guys,
I finished my interview on May 9th and due to name issue decision is pending name check.
I recieved N-652 and it has the name of the USCIS officer. Some one on this forum gave me a number to Cherry hill, NJ DO. My question is..is it worth calling them. Will I get a answer I can trust.
Please if any body knows anything what I am talking about. Can they share their experience.

Thanks in advance.

NBK.

MD - 02/29/2008
PD - 03/04/2008
FD - 03/25/2008
IL - 05/01/2008

Instead of calling the officer, you never know it may offend him or make him upset to why you called him directly.....I would make an infopass apptt, go there, talk to the officer and see what they tell you in person. If they don't give you a satisfactory answer, then have them page or call that officer and take the matter to him directly. You never know, your pending case may still be sitting on his desk and your reminder could get the ball rolling. Again, do the infopass first and then request to speak to that officer directly while you are there at NJ DO.

Don't get into calling DO; wait for 120 days after the interview/initial exam and the follow this link to file 1447(b):

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check

Hello Guys,

Thanks in advance.

NBK.

MD - 02/29/2008
PD - 03/04/2008
FD - 03/25/2008
IL - 05/01/2008

Good suggestion, but..........

Don't get into calling DO; wait for 120 days after the interview/initial exam and the follow this link to file 1447(b):

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/FBI_name_check

OK-Boy is right in a way. Yes according to books you can file 1447b, but why come to conclusion and think of going thru that route. 4 months/120 days is quite a long wait. Exactly after a month, one should check with the local DO thru infopass. That will give them a chance to get their act together. My friend had an interview at San Antonio DO. He waited for about a month & got his oath invitation in the mail.
Why I tell u to make infopass is when you have to file 1447b according to OK-Boy, this infopass apptt would be a good supporting document that you made your effort and tried your best to get an answer from USCIS regarding your oath date but they failed to respond or give you a date to when your oath would be scheduled. This left you in dark and you had no choice but to file 1447b.

I just thought about this, if going to the DO is a hassle for you, I would call cust service and have them escalate your call to the officer and check with him/her if they have any update about your oath date.

Calling would be a bad idea imo. Imagine what would ahppen if that ph number is shared on the net and every appplicant starts calling that IO.

The 1800/ cust serv line is more suited and asking for help from an officer may be the way to go. If you still don't hear in a couple of months go for the Infopass. In the meantime search the forum for others with similar cases. Perhaps this may be more common than you think.

I had my Interview on November 1st. I think I called in January the 1-800 # and after calling several times I always got the same answer that seemed was read from a card and it didn't really answer my question so I went ahead and called my IO.
From the Interview Experience I had with her she was a very fun and very nice Lady so I didn't hessitate to call her. Shortly I called her I had my Oath Letter in Hand.

Thank You guys for your responses.

I will wait atleast one month before I call them for a status.

NBK

Please go to Yahoo, click "local", put local office city, and then put key word "US Immigration Naturalization".

Good luck!

Hello guys......i have a quick question: How do i find a phone number for an Officer that interviewed me......i had my interview in Philadelphia office. Please help

Try the Yahoo Local Search or Google US Immigration Services I think it was and when you are on the line it usually ask you to enter the first 4 letters of your IO's last name and then it should put you through.

It doesn't work for Newark DO.

It says subscriber ID not found, when I type in the numbers corresponding tothe first four letters of the lastname..

I am sorry, I don't know what to tell you otherwise. That is what I did and that is how I got through to mine