Can I be denied because of my husband's "low income" ?

ema76

Registered Users (C)
My husband started two new jobs (one in December 05, the other in January 06). One is full time but he is still "on training", the other is barely 16 hours a week. Now, I was wondering even if I bring the 2002, 2003 and 2004 taxes which show an amount over the poverty line, I am afraid that when the officer sees the new paystubs, he will deny my GC. My husband will have a full-time status at the end of February and his pay will be higher, but my interview is on February 22nd. I wanted to have your opinion about my situation. Thanks for any response !!

Ema.

P.S. : If I take a co-sponsor, I really need to know what form should the SPONSOR and the CO-SPONSOR would have to file.
Thanks !

but your previous incomes are all above, why will they deny you?
you don't have a job? if you have a job and earn more than your husband, you can co-sponse yourself.
(i just read it this morning, cherr or Essgin said that?)
if you need co-sponsor, u need to fill up 864 form.

Unfortunately I do not work at this time (pretty tough to find a job around here...). I wasn't exactly sure, you know, that's why I asked the question. Thanks for your input :) .

Ema.

ema76 said:
Unfortunately I do not work at this time (pretty tough to find a job around here...). I wasn't exactly sure, you know, that's why I asked the question. Thanks for your input :) .

Ema.
It's form I-864A

In the case of joint sponsor, both SPONSOR and CO-SPONSOR need to fill out I-864 ( 2 separate I-864s) .

I-864A is filled out if you want to include your household member's income to your total income. Then you don't need another I-864.

Read the instructions on I-864. You'll get all the info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, so just to be sure, the I-864A form must be filed by ME (beneficiary)? Of course, I don't work so I don't need to, but wanted to make sure.
Thanks guys for your responses !

Ema.

I don't think you should worry about it. I had an interview a week ago, my husbands tax returns for the last year showed income away below the requirement. I work part time and my husband runs his own business now. So we just proved our employment, but the officer didn't bother to count how much total we make.