Can i Appy fpr US Citizenship ?

rhegde

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to know what are my chances of applying for citizenship given my background:

I got my GC thro family based peition in Aug 1996. Since i was completing my education in India, i took a Re-entry permit for 2 yrs until 1998. In sept 98 i re-entered US and i once more applied for re-ernty permit and went back to India to attend to some personal obligations.
It was in Oct 2000 that i landed in US ,this time with the intention of doing a job and making a home here in US.
I wanted to know since i have been a PR for about 6yrs and for last 2 years i have resided continuosuly in US, how many more years is it for me to apply for Citizesnship?
on some sites they say that u have to be a PR for 5 yrs of which last 3 yrs u must reside in US continoulsy. If i take that view , then i should be able to apply for citizenship in 2003 year end. Am I right? Or do i have to wait until oct 2004 to apply for N-400?

The only reason why iam keen on getting N-400 asap is bcos of this ridiculuos period of wait that my would-be wife in India wil have to go through since iam currently a GC holder.

Is is possible that i can apply for N-400 in 2003 since i have been PR for 7 yrs by then and wud have lived continuoulsy in US for 3 yrs?

Any comments or helpful suggestions are welcome.