Can I apply visa for my mom with my AOS status

peaceinheart

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
My dad passed away about one week ago and my mom now feels very lonely after all my brothers and sisters went back to work. I really want to invite her to visit me and stay with me for a while. I hope this could help her to fit herself into a new environment ASAP. But my current status is AOS and I'm not an F1 student anymore because I didn't renew my I-20 in last August. I'm still studying as a student with AOS status. With this status, is it possible for me to apply a B1 visa for my mom? If anybody here has the similar experience, pls give some comments and your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

I think your mom has a greater chance of getting a B1/B2 visa if she applies for herself at the embassy in her home country without you being involved.
Probably a stronger case would be if any of your brothers or sisters with strong jobs apply with her at the same time as if it were a family trip.
Immigration doesnt really trust people applying for temporary visas who have family members recently immigrated to the US.

I think it mostly depends on your financial ability to support her, rather than your status, well assuming you are in status. As long as you can send supporting documents with the affidavit. It should not be a problem.

Look at a website like www.path2usa.com for visitor visa info and experiences.

good luck.