Can I apply PR for canada in this situation

yadavmand

Registered Users (C)
I get more than 67 pass marks, but my wife does not get this pass marks.
Can I still apply permanent residence for both of us, or I should apply first and then sponser her later.

Please help, also please let me know total time its takes for PR.

You apply as a family.

You would be the principal applicant and your wife will be an accompanying family member. It will be better to apply at the same time.

For skilled worker category pass marks are not calculated for each family member but only for principal applicant.

Right now I think the process from start to end takes about a year and a half on an average.

Hope this helps.

are you sure

I want to apply as skilled worker, because I have been working in US for near to 7years. I think this category is good so that processing will be faster.

Are you sure in this category, its only principal applicant marks are counted.
Because in application it does not say about dependent or principal.

Do I need to get FBI, PCC for even my spouse or its only me.
I am thinking of submitting the application intially and then submit FBI rpt, medical, PCC. Is this is a good idea, within how days can we submit these reamaining documents.

Please comment, thanks.

yadavmand said:
I want to apply as skilled worker, because I have been working in US for near to 7years. I think this category is good so that processing will be faster.

Are you sure in this category, its only principal applicant marks are counted.
Because in application it does not say about dependent or principal.

Do I need to get FBI, PCC for even my spouse or its only me.
I am thinking of submitting the application intially and then submit FBI rpt, medical, PCC. Is this is a good idea, within how days can we submit these reamaining documents.

Please comment, thanks.

1) If you are applying as a Skilled worker only the principal applicant has to qualify under the current point system.

It is clearly mentioned on the official Canadian Immigration website www.cic.gc.ca that, " If you are married both the husband and wife should take the test to see who scores the most points. The person with the most selection points should apply as the principal applicant."

2) Your wife will be your dependent. You can get upto 5 additional points for the education of your spouse. Check the gude for more information.

3) Both you and your wife will have to submit FBI clearance and PCC from all the countries you have lived in since you turned 18. The FBI clearance and PCC should be submitted with the initial application. If you do not submit them then there is a possibility that Buffalo may return your application.

Currently it is taking a very long time to get FBI clearance 8-12 weeks so better send your fingerprints to FBI ASAP

Please read the Guide for Skilled Worker immigration available on www.cic.gc.ca very carefully.

Kenny04 said:
1) If you are applying as a Skilled worker only the principal applicant has to qualify under the current point system.

It is clearly mentioned on the official Canadian Immigration website www.cic.gc.ca that, " If you are married both the husband and wife should take the test to see who scores the most points. The person with the most selection points should apply as the principal applicant."

2) Your wife will be your dependent. You can get upto 5 additional points for the education of your spouse. Check the gude for more information.

3) Both you and your wife will have to submit FBI clearance and PCC from all the countries you have lived in since you turned 18. The FBI clearance and PCC should be submitted with the initial application. If you do not submit them then there is a possibility that Buffalo may return your application.

Currently it is taking a very long time to get FBI clearance 8-12 weeks so better send your fingerprints to FBI ASAP

Please read the Guide for Skilled Worker immigration available on www.cic.gc.ca very carefully.

some confusion regarding the fbi clearance. I know the guide has a checklist that contains the fbi clearance. but is it not possible to do this after Initial assessment? this seems logical; your application assess can go on while you work towards fbi clearance. also, what is the point of getting fbi clearance if one does not qualify (in assessment by consular).
experts please clarify

Well I did not submit PCC or FBI fingerprints with the initial application.
You can submit these later.
Get the process started and then work on these.

tusharvk said:
some confusion regarding the fbi clearance. I know the guide has a checklist that contains the fbi clearance. but is it not possible to do this after Initial assessment? this seems logical; your application assess can go on while you work towards fbi clearance. also, what is the point of getting fbi clearance if one does not qualify (in assessment by consular).
experts please clarify

Just want to bring to everyones attention Buffalo recently (Oct 2004)changed their policy regarding providing FBI clearance. Now it is required to be submitted with the initial application.

I have read some recent posts of applicants whose application was returned as they did not provide FBI clearance. On the other hand I have also read posts of people who's application was accepted by Buffalo without FBI clearance ........................ Strange!

So the choice is yours.

Kenny04 said:
Just want to bring to everyones attention Buffalo recently (Oct 2004)changed their policy regarding providing FBI clearance. Now it is required to be submitted with the initial application.

I have read some recent posts of applicants whose application was returned as they did not provide FBI clearance. On the other hand I have also read posts of people who's application was accepted by Buffalo without FBI clearance ........................ Strange!

So the choice is yours.
does the return of application (if submitted without PCC) reflect negatively on your record somehow?
if not, it does make sense to submit these without PCC (could take upto 8 weeks). by the time they return the application or ask for PCC, one would be ready with these.

No. The return of application (if submitted without PCC) will NOT reflect negatively on your record.

Can u please tell me ur experience.

tusharvk said:
experts please clarify

From what I understand you did not submit FBi clearance with the application.
please help me understand

1 did it delay your processing ?

2 do we need to get local police clearance for all the states in US we have stayed ? we have stayed in 6 !

thanks
Sha