can I apply H4 for my wife after getting H1 extension

DalRanger

Registered Users (C)
Hello Experts,

My current status:
Priority Date: Dec 2003
H1 remaining period: only 6 months
Category: EB-3
CP Status: Submitted DS 230 on Jan 17th 2005 (for both me and my wife)

Case:
My wife is in India and I was planning on getting her to US after the consular processing. Now because of Retro and my category being EB-3, I have to wait a loong time to get an interview call. Since I have only 6 months on my H1-B, I am planning on applying for extensions.

Now can I apply H4 for my wife after getting H1 extension, if so would that have any impact or is it risky to do so.

Thank you,
Regards,
-D

DalRanger said:
Hello Experts,

My current status:
Priority Date: Dec 2003
H1 remaining period: only 6 months
Category: EB-3
CP Status: Submitted DS 230 on Jan 17th 2005 (for both me and my wife)

Case:
My wife is in India and I was planning on getting her to US after the consular processing. Now because of Retro and my category being EB-3, I have to wait a loong time to get an interview call. Since I have only 6 months on my H1-B, I am planning on applying for extensions.
---better file H1 extension
Now can I apply H4 for my wife after getting H1 extension,
---she can get H4 now as you are on H1 status and once she reaches US apply her H4 extension with your H1 extension OR apply H1 with premium processing and you will get results in 15-20 days and then let your wife get H4 stamped on the base of H1 extension( in this case she will get H4 visa and I-94 at POE till your extension approval )
if so would that have any impact or is it risky to do so.
--- impact on what? if you maintain H1 status then she can get H4 Visa stamp
Thank you,
Regards,
-D