can i apply for renewal and what is the process - PR card Canada

varshanaveen

All,

Need help or inputs........

I was in Canada on March 10th 2004, worked in a Bank for 2 yrs and couldn't find a better job for 2 yrs, then in May30th 2006 i left
from Canada to USA.
Stayed in USA since then as my father was sick and my financial status was bad.
Now that both front i recovered so want to go back to Canada ...

Currently i am working in India so what are my chances of renewal of my PR card, if so how to go about it.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

4b4n2c

All,

Need help or inputs........

I was in Canada on March 10th 2004, worked in a Bank for 2 yrs and couldn't find a better job for 2 yrs, then in May30th 2006 i left
from Canada to USA.
Stayed in USA since then as my father was sick and my financial status was bad.
Now that both front i recovered so want to go back to Canada ...

Currently i am working in India so what are my chances of renewal of my PR card, if so how to go about it.

Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Need More info. Also read my other post in this thread.
Did you left Canada on May 30th 2006 by Air or Land?
Did you come to US or went to India.
Do you have your spouse still in Canada or not?
The date your PR Card got expired?
Do you have Canada Driving License?
Do you have Canada health Card?
Do you have Valid Visa to enter US or can get Visa for US?
From US it is easy to Enter US by Border and PR card in only needed if you enter Canada by Air. One can enter Canada from US side with Landing Papers and once inside Canada you can send application of PR renewal Card. You have to Pick up the Card inside Canada.

I also have some questions about the same renewal topic.

I will appreciate if someone could answer my questions below

1. My PR card expired late last year. Do you think it will cause any problem?
2. When I originally received Canadian PR, I was an Indian citizen. Now I have become US citizen hence my Indian NP has been cancelled, there is a small stamp on the information page of Indian NP stating 'It has been cancelled as the holder obtained some other nationality etc". - This Indian NP doesn't have any departure stamp. I need to send some copy of either my current NP (which is US one) or either the NP I had at the time of acquiring Canadian PR (which is Cancelled Indian one). Which photocopy should I send?
3. Is there any benefit of enclosing copy of my current nationality ?
4. Is PR renewal very easy process or its really complicated?
5. I do not remember all the dates when I visited or stayed in Canada but I did file their taxes routinely. Is there any issue here ?
6. I do have Canadian drivers License (from BC though) and BC state ID (acquired one year and few months ago). I filed my first two tax returns from BC and the last 3 from Toronto... any issues?
7. I could never apply for the health card.. Any issues ?
8. Rest of my family (wife-US PR), 2 small children (US citizens) lives in US. Any issues ?

Regards