can i apply for EAD and AP without 485 receipt notice? (but i got FP notice)

GRamesh

Registered Users (C)
Hi all, can i apply for EAD and AP without 485 receipt notice? I filed for 485 in April of this year. at that time my company did not apply for EAD and AP saying that my H1 is still valid. I did not receive any receipt notice for my 485, yet, from INS Nebraska. I am applying for EAD on my own as a \'just-in-case\' scenario. In EAD application its been mentioned that I need to provide a proof that my 485 has been pending with INS. If I do not have 485 receipt notice what else can i show as proof. I recieved Finger Prints notice couple of weeks back. Can that be used as proof?
thanks for your input.
-Ramesh

company got acquired, 3 months after filing I-485

My company, a subsidiary of A Corp. was acquired by B Corp and became a subsidiary of B Corp. My job location/boss/responsibility/compensation doesn\'t change with the new employer.

By now, I have received my EAD and Advanced parole doc. What should I do?
1) By the book: Someone saying I\'d just file an I-140 amendment for name change, others saying I
need to file a new I-485 as well?
2) Not by the book: sit tight till I-485 goes thru? I can see the positive out of this approach as it will not confuse INS as it is. what\'s the bad side?

Interestingly, answer to the FAQ [Q177: During the pendency of the I-485, my company has undergone a name change (or a corporate restructuring. Should I amend the I-140?) ] said "INS has suggested that may not be necessary. I would suggest, yes. Please amend.". Anyone which document/memo has this INS \'no amendments\' suggestions?

Your answers will always be greatly appreciated.

Sure! You don\'t need I-485 receipt for EAD/AP, all you need is....

your A# which should be on your FP Notice.
My receipt was lost too and I got EAD and AP based on A# only.

All the best

Question.

Hi GRamesh,
   When was your application sent into INS (NSC)?? I.e what is your Receipt Date?? On What date did U get the FP Notice?? Did the lawyer get it or did U get it directly??
   FYI.. My RD is 04/26 and I havent seen anything yet.

Rgds,
Krish

Krishna Iyer, my application has been sent to INS during last week of March

and I received finger print notices directly from INS (NSC) during 3rd week of april. 10 days after that, I received another set of identical finger print notices from my lawyer (she got them from INS). i did not get receipt notice so i am not able to give you exact dates.
hope this helps.
-ramesh

rsinha, thanks for your input. while applying for EAD what did you

provide as a proof that your 485 is pending with INS. In my case can i include a copy of FP along with EAD application. Or is it enough if I just mention A# on EAD application.
thanks,
-ramesh

Just A# on application is enough

I used the walk-in service at Cinti INS.

I wrote a detailed explanation of why I did not have the A#, saying it was lost in mail, and INS NSC could not generate a duplicate receipt.
- INS lady did not care about it nor want it.
I had copy of cancelled check for I-485 fee
I had proof of delivery from post office for I-485 application
I had copy of cover letterr of I-485 package

All she wanted was my A# written on EAD application. She gave me back everything I had taken as "supporting documentation" for my not having the receipt. She said that she did not need any of that. She just pulled up my case on her computer using the A# and it was that easy.

I had sent the AP application by mail to INS Cinti office (they do not take walk-ins on AP). I just wrote the A# on the application and that was it!

If you are mailing in your EAD and AP applications, I would recommend attaching a copy of FP notice.