Can I apply 6 months before my 5th year?

gamago

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I heard from two different people that the USCIS is now allowing employment-based green card holders to apply for citizenship up to 6 months before the 5th year.
Is this true?
Am I taking any big risks in doing this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks--- GM

Hi,
I heard from two different people that the USCIS is now allowing employment-based green card holders to apply for citizenship up to 6 months before the 5th year.
Is this true?
Am I taking any big risks in doing this?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks--- GM

You can only apply 90 days before the 5th Anniv. of your Green Card and certainly not 6 months before. This rule is explicitly mentioned in the Guide to Citizenship that you can find on the USCIS website. That should be a better deciding factor than the hearsay.

Yes, you are taking a risk by applying Six months ealy. If you do apply six months before, the best that can happen to you is that USCIS will return your application along with your fee (90% chance). The worst that can happen (10% chance) is that you will go through entire Citizenship process (including the Finger Printing) and at the time of your interview, on realizing their mistake, they will simply mention that you applied early and are not eligible for Citizenship now. There have been two cases on this forum + one personal case that I have seen in DC Metro area. I don’t think you want to loose money and the time by applying for Citizenship 6 months early

actually, it would be interesting to hear from people that applied well before their 5-year completion, got through or got stuck ..... so speak up, whoever has had the courage! (thus choosing not to be a 5-yr headstuck wimp)

actually, it would be interesting to hear from people that applied well before their 5-year completion, got through or got stuck ..... so speak up, whoever has had the courage! (thus choosing not to be a 5-yr headstuck wimp)

Check the Citizenship Forum on this Board and do a search to find that up. This question has been asked (and answered) multiple times over there.

Good Luck.

Urgent--- H-1 b Transfer query pp

RFE REQUIRES PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE PETITIONER’S BUSINESS PREMISES

Attach color photographs of both inside and outside of our business premises. include photos of office equipment, employees, company logos and signs.

My employer has no office as of to-day.he gave his resident address as petioner address.

I am worried a lot!

did any one face similar situation if so please provide me info to overcome this rfe

Check the Citizenship Forum on this Board and do a search to find that up. This question has been asked (and answered) multiple times over there.

Good Luck.

well, that'd be too much work (for me), maybe someone is bored and could type a summary here for the avail of all, as well as recent experiences are welcome.

RFE REQUIRES PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE PETITIONER’S BUSINESS PREMISES

Attach color photographs of both inside and outside of our business premises. include photos of office equipment, employees, company logos and signs.

Sounds like they are suspecting fraud.

My employer has no office as of to-day.he gave his resident address as petioner address...

hmmm. Perhaps they're onto something?

Anyway, this post is out of place in this forum. If you post your question on the H-1B forum http://www.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=186 you'll likely get replies.

first, not to offence, but you just hijacked this thread ... we were discussing "applying 6 months bfore 5 years". Your best answer could be asked in a relevant forum.

anyways that slight ... about your RFE, obviously its hard to play innocent at the sound of the very specific RFE you received and your employer circumstance. You did not state what your attorney advised ?

well, that'd be too much work (for me), maybe someone is bored and could type a summary here for the avail of all, as well as recent experiences are welcome.

Wow! Not only can you not read instructions, but now you want other people to do all the work for you. What a sharp one you are.

BTW, if you send it 6 months before the 5yr anniversary, there will be no dire consequences. You will almost certainly just receive your entire package back in the mail.

but now you want other people to do all the work for you. What a sharp one you are.

Aww...thankyou, I do like empowering staff by delegating work...a complement I often receive :)

so yes, people with some spine (obviously that'd exclude pianowimp), tell us their recent experiences of what happened on applying 6 months before .... i bet some are enjoying the benefits of it already!

Aww...thankyou, I do like empowering staff by delegating work...a complement I often receive :)

so yes, people with some spine (obviously that'd exclude pianowimp), tell us their recent experiences of what happened on applying 6 months before .... i bet some are enjoying the benefits of it already!

Spine or no spine, my dear, that application is coming back to you like a magnet. But why not try? We are all watching you with fascination. (NOT)