Can he count the current experience

siddiboy

Registered Users (C)
This is for my Friend.

My friend work as a Software engineer in a big financial firm. He is working since 2000 April. Recently he got promoted to Senior software engineer within a same organization. My friend finished his masters in 1999. Initially when they applied for labor they applied in EB3 since the job requires EB3 qualification.

Now his new Job falls under EB2 qualification. But the lawyers of the firm is telling that my friend cannot count the experience he earned working in the same firm as software engineer.Is this true ?

Now he has one choice to apply in EB2 with Mastwrs and 0 years experience since he cannot count the experience he earned from the current employer.

Can he take that chance ?

Go for it

As far as my understanding goes the EB2 requires BS+5 or MS+0 as the minimum requirements. If your friend's job does require BS+5 or MS then you DO NOT need to include the experience he/she gained at the current employer, it is not needed. And why would you want to include the experience when he/she already qualifies for EB2? It is no riskier to apply with MS+0 than to apply with MS+1 or MS+2. In the eyes of DOL they are all EB2.

Thanks.