Can he count the current experience

siddiboy

Registered Users (C)
This is for my Friend.

My friend work as a Software engineer in a big financial firm. He is working since 2000 April. Recently he got promoted to Senior software engineer within a same organization. My friend finished his masters in 1999. Initially when they applied for labor they applied in EB3 since the job requires EB3 qualification.

Now his new Job falls under EB2 qualification. But the lawyers of the firm is telling that my friend cannot count the experience he earned working in the same firm as software engineer.Is this true ?

Now he has one choice to apply in EB2 with Mastwrs and 0 years experience since he cannot count the experience he earned from the current employer.

Can he take that chance ?

I doubt.
What really matters is your friend's status when he joined the company. Any other experience with the company does not count.
The fact that he did his M.S in between his job with the company should not make him eligible for EB2 category. But if he leaves his comapny and join some other, then he can file new labor application under EB2.
I think your friend should take attorney's advice in that case.

siddiboy said:
This is for my Friend.

My friend work as a Software engineer in a big financial firm. He is working since 2000 April. Recently he got promoted to Senior software engineer within a same organization. My friend finished his masters in 1999. Initially when they applied for labor they applied in EB3 since the job requires EB3 qualification.

Now his new Job falls under EB2 qualification. But the lawyers of the firm is telling that my friend cannot count the experience he earned working in the same firm as software engineer.Is this true ?

Now he has one choice to apply in EB2 with Mastwrs and 0 years experience since he cannot count the experience he earned from the current employer.

Can he take that chance ?

He can always go for MS+0 EB-2. Thousands of people every year gets their LC/GC in EB-2 with MS+0.

Hi gp111

Hi gp111,

I have sent you a private message on last friday, Can you please provide info regarding it.

Thanks
Addagarla