Can H4 be refused if B1/B2 previously refused?

rowdymon

Registered Users (C)
Here's the situation: I got my H1b approved a few days ago; now I want to get my wife here on an H4.

She has 3 prior rejections for B1/B2 visa (the last one was Aug 2005).

Wife: Indian citizen / PR card holder
Me: Canadian citizen

Can she be refused just because she has prior rejections for B1/B2?

Any comments/info/help would be very appreciated

Well since an H visa recognizes double intent, would it not make sense that their reason for refusing her before would not matter at this point.

Well since an H visa recognizes double intent, would it not make sense that their reason for refusing her before would not matter at this point.

I would hope so, but immigrations officials don't strike me as having lots of common sense... specially the ones at the POEs

Here's the situation: I got my H1b approved a few days ago; now I want to get my wife here on an H4.

She has 3 prior rejections for B1/B2 visa (the last one was Aug 2005).

Wife: Indian citizen / PR card holder
Me: Canadian citizen

Can she be refused just because she has prior rejections for B1/B2?

Any comments/info/help would be very appreciated

Being a Canadian PR may resulted in 'B' visa rejection. As someone mentioned in this thread, 'H' visa permits dual intent - so nothing to worry.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm happy to say that my wife got her H4 visa approved yesterday at the Toronto Consulate.

Some of the q's she was asked were:

Where did your husband go to school?
How long have you been married (she was asked this q 3 times)
What were you doing in Canada?
Have you ever been rejected for a US visa?
Has your husband ever been a legal permanent resident? (odd q but whatever)

Can't remember the others but they mostly revolved around our marriage and my work.

Seemed to be quite different than the B1/B2 visitor visa interview. If anybody has any specific q's regarding the interview, let me know.

RD