Can H1B visa holders make films in India w/o being paid for it but getting Writer/Director credit and securing financing for the film?

missmistry

I got picked in the H1B lottery this time, and my company is processing it right now. A few nuances are that I come from a film and media background in India, and I moved to the US to pursue an MS in Media Management (STEM) in NYC. As I'm in the US I want to tap into every opportunity that I can get here like applying to Writers labs, screenwriting grants, etc, and even though these are long shots, I'm not aware of the implications it may have especially if I get a monetary reward. Last year, my feature film idea got selected to go through an intensive Writer's lab. Keep in mind I didn't get paid anything for it, but I ended up writing an entire feature film through the process, and I'm now applying for screenwriting grants and other writers' labs. I'm also making a lot of connections that will help me secure financing for my short films and potentially my feature film. Is there a way I can channel the resources and funding through a company in India and merely get credit for my film? My sister has an ad agency back there and if she starts a film arm, would that be possible?