Can Green Card be revoked while applying for Citizenship?

scuevas

If I am applying for citizenship and had a crime that happened over 10 years ago and USCIS has already review the crime during the green card issuance process. Can this same crime affect me getting my citizenship and can USCIS revoke my green card for this crime. Crime was a felony but was dropped to misdemeanor. As stated before I have already gotten my green card but want to file for citizenship but i'm worried if they go thru my case again they can revoke my green card for this crime?

If USCIS was made aware of your situation and you were allowed to get/keep your green card, it should not affect your citizenship application. Disclose this clearly on your citizenship application and provide adequate documentation.

If your GC was issued after the incident and you disclosed it in your GC application, there should not be any problems. It appears it was not a CIMT and had no effect on your GC application.

Called in for interview and test

Thanks for your response. Since my last post we were just starting our application process. My husband now has his interview/test appointment and they are asking for him to take more documents with him on that interview date. We are worried again because they are asking for the court documents for when he went to Jail about 10 years ago. He was sent to jail for trying to apply for a DL and having no ID or Green Card at that time, so he was sent to jail and deported eventually. We are worried they could revoke his green card. I agree with you about them already knowing about the incident and Green Card was issued regardless but he just wants to get a second opinion. What is CIMT by the way? thanks.

If your GC was issued after the incident and you disclosed it in your GC application, there should not be any problems. It appears it was not a CIMT and had no effect on your GC application.

similar situation

CIMT??? is Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude. and by the way i am in the same boat but my situation is worse.i have more than 4 arrests in the past 10 years ago like your husband and the judge still approve my green card in 2004...and now i have filled in may 2013 and they send me an interview in sep followed up by cancellation to my interview so i feel like my whole life is on hold...please keep us update it with the outcome of your husband case with the immigration ...