Can form I-90 make I-751 application be processed faster?

Pomi

Hello everyone,

I have just lost my Conditional GC expired in July 2008. My husband and I were making a trip overseas for this New Year. I have heard that without it (even though it is expired) I will not be able to travel...

Do I need to file form I-90? Or should I rather wait until my form I-751 is processed (I filed for it in July 2008)? Is it true that the I-90 can make I-751 application be processed faster?

I will greatly appreciate is someone shares their experience.

Thanks!!!

No. Don't confuse the applications. I-90 has nothing to do with I-751.
From the instructions on the I-90 form:

"Special Instructions:
Do not use this Form I-90 if you are a conditional resident and your status is expiring.
If you became a conditional resident:
• through a marriage to a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident, submit Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence; or
• based on a financial investment in a U.S. business, submit Form I-829, Petition by Entrepreneur to Remove Conditions."

What is your service center? If is California...I just will wait, they process I-751 VERY fast and under 5-6 months and you just apply on July. IF your service center is Vermont...then you will have a wait of a year, so you better make an INFOPASS (which I probably will do anyway) and get a stamp in your passport.

Good luck.