can EAD holder stay back ?

basav

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am here in US on L2 with EAD valid till 2009, if my spouse who is on L1 leaves US back to India

1. can i stay back working in US since i have valid i-94 valid till 2010 (As long as i dont go out of US)
2. My son who is also on L2 (Dependent of L1) with I-94 till 2010 ..can he also stay back in US ?

Appreciate replies in this matter,

Thanks,
B

If the L1 visa holder is no longer work for the US employer, the L1 and L2 visa will not be valid at the same time.

USCIS may limit, deny or revoke on notice any stay for an L-2 dependent that is not primarily intended for the purpose of being with the principal worker in the United States.

A spouse or child may be required to show that his or her requested stay is not intended to evade the normal requirements for nonimmigrant classification that otherwise would apply when the principal alien is absent from the United States.

Also, USCIS will prevent a L-1 alien from using only occasional work visits to the United States to “park” L-2 dependent family members in the United States for extended periods of time while the principal is normally absent. (see http://www.greencardapply.com/news/news08/news08_0116.htm)

Any time period for L-2 leaving.

Hi,

I am here in US on L2 with EAD valid till 2009, if my spouse who is on L1 leaves US back to India

1. can i stay back working in US since i have valid i-94 valid till 2010 (As long as i dont go out of US)
2. My son who is also on L2 (Dependent of L1) with I-94 till 2010 ..can he also stay back in US ? and one more i got H1 but that H1 is valid from Oct 1st. up to that I will stay here or must go back to India.

Appreciate replies in this matter,

Thanks,
S

Any time limit for L-2 leaves after leaving L-1

Hi,

I am here in US on L2 with EAD valid till 2009, if my spouse who is on L1 leaves US back to India, I got H1 but that H1 is valid from Oct 1st. up to that I will stay here or must go back to India and come back. I will stay here for 2 months.

Please send the response / advice .

Thanks,
S