Can CNA or LPN get H1 visa/green card

jbond

Registered Users (C)
My wife finished her CNA (Certified Nurse Aide) here in US and now working with a rehab for past few months on EAD. Now she is pursuing LPN (Licence practical Nurse) - is she eligible for filing her own H1 or green card. Her EAD is based on my GC/140 which seems taking longer tiem fro ever - I am thinking if she can file that might move faster. It is better to sail on TWO boats. Please advise.. Thanks!

Only RN and PT are eligible for schedule A worker who don't need LCD which is the first step for other EB-2 or EB-3 people. LPN is okay to get green card but needs LCD. So your wife is better to get RN license.

Many Thanks Moona. But remeber it says RN from say India. But it also say - who has received nursing edu in USA. My wife is in US and has recd CNA, LPN here in USA and not Inida.

Also did you mean - with LPN she is eligible for H1 and GC or Not?

Last edited by a moderator:
If you wife has Associate or up US degree, she can waive Englist requirement in VisaScreen, but visascreen is still required. CNA and LPN can apply for GC but cannot be qualified for Schedule A workers who don't need LCD. Go to www.cgfns.org to check the detailed requirements of visascreen. CNA doesn't need visascreen and is in regular EB3 category.

Quick way to get GC???

I am a foreign nurse with RN license in the US, and has a BSN degree in my country. Of course, the textbook and instruction are not all English. CGFNS visascreen process requires either studying the nursing program in the US or
passing the English exam.

My status is F2 so far. However, I cannot pass the English exam for visascreen requirement.

Here comes out my questions as workaround:

I take the LPN program in the US, pass NCLEX-PN, and pass the visascreen through CGFNS. Then I can work as LPN if everything goes well. Because I holds the RN license, can I apply RN job position without passing the RN visascreen??? It is easy way to get GC!! is it reasonable?

By the way, what does LCD stand for?

I am a foreign nurse with RN license in the US, and has a BSN degree in my country. Of course, the textbook and instruction are not all English. CGFNS visascreen process requires either studying the nursing program in the US or
passing the English exam.

My status is F2 so far. However, I cannot pass the English exam for visascreen requirement.

Here comes out my questions as workaround:

I take the LPN program in the US, pass NCLEX-PN, and pass the visascreen through CGFNS. Then I can work as LPN if everything goes well. Because I holds the RN license, can I apply RN job position without passing the RN visascreen??? It is easy way to get GC!! is it reasonable?

By the way, what does LCD stand for?

You can only file for Green Card directly with your RN since PN is not considered as Schedule A. However you will need to pass your english test as a requirement. There's no way you can mix the PN with RN with your Green Card application.
Now if you want to use the PN for your green card application, you may do so (if a facility is willing to sponsor PN) then you will need the LCD or labor certification or most popularly known as the PERM.
The problem now is the visa retrogression, but that's another story.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should acquire a Registered Nurse Immigrant Visa ("Green Card") or H-1B visa. U.S. regulation expects medical caretakers to finish a screening program before they can get a word related visa.

Hello
I am on F1 visa rn
I am starting my bachelors in nursing and as per California rule I can give an exam after my first semester and get a CNA licencw
Is there any way I could apply for green card with my cna license while workin in a hospital. I mean is there any way I could do it
Is yes can I do it on my own or the hospital will do it for me ???