Can chinese ask chinese for recommendation?

NIW07

Registered Users (C)
I ask a chinese to write a reference for my NIW RFE, but somebody said that it is better not using chinese as a referee because the immigration officer couldn't believe that due to the same nationality, but my lawyer told me that it is ok as long as the chinese has a high position in USA.

Anybody has experience? thanks, my deadline is next week.

NIW07 said:
I ask a chinese to write a reference for my NIW RFE, but somebody said that it is better not using chinese as a referee because the immigration officer couldn't believe that due to the same nationality, but my lawyer told me that it is ok as long as the chinese has a high position in USA.

If it is one of two letters I wouldn't do it. If it is one of 6-7 reference letters I don't think it is a big deal to have the same nationality.

It all depends on what are you claiming. In my case (EB1-EA), 2 out of 3 points were based on accomplishments in my country. In order to support them, most of my recommendation letters were either from folks in my country or the ones that are in the US working on relavent positions. It didn't cause any issues.

If you are taking a letter from some in china..then It won't be very effective. However, if the person you are taking support letter from, is of Chinese origin and a well established researcher in your field, based in US then I think you are fine.

Sandy2000 said:
If you are taking a letter from some in china..then It won't be very effective. However, if the person you are taking support letter from, is of Chinese origin and a well established researcher in your field, based in US then I think you are fine.

I agree.

NIW07 said:

I had submitted more than 10 letters and three were from INDIA (I am Indian). Ofcourse they were my phD guide, 1st employer and big independent scientist. It helped me. There is no harm as long as they are unique in presentation and efficient in content.