Can Asylee file for affadavit of support?

wantmygcnow

Volunteer Moderator
My friend wants to extend his status since he broke his leg while in U.S! CAn an asylee submit an affadavit of support? If I can..what do i put..it has nothing about asylee..it says "i am a lawful permanent resident and the A"

Thanks.

lvsonii

My i485 was denied after interview because of i was working in my brother company and immigration ask my brother affidavite support.after submit affidavite support they denied my i485 (employement)because he was granted asylum and he dont have gc untill today.only green card holder or citizen can file affidavite support,this is my personal experience i waste my 4.5 year.immigration denied my case because of my brother is asylee and he is not eligible for affidavite support.if you have greencard you can file affidavite support.

You know...this is a very good question.

I am aware of an asylee (not GC holder yet) who submitted an affidavit of support to individuals who were seeking a US-Visitor visa from abroad. Their application was approved in part due to the affidavit.

So- I'm not 100% sure what the answer to this question is. We should ask a lawyer for a clear answer.

I am sure asylees can't

writing affidavits is one thing, but only US Citizens and Permanent Residents can file for Support. It says that in the instruction when you fill out the form for Support.

This is clear like the daylight.