Can Aslyee travel with Advance Parol?

cindyz76

Registered Users (C)
My friend wants to visit COP next year, can he use advance parol instead of RTD? Anybody did it or heard about it?

My friend wants to visit COP next year, can he use advance parol instead of RTD? Anybody did it or heard about it?

Is your friend out of his mind? The reason for applying for asylum is to flea from persecution from your country of citizenship. He already wants to go to his COP. Was his life ever in danger in the first place? People like your friend give genuine asylum applicants a tough time to get asylum.

Anyways to answer your question. Once you are an asylee, YOU CAN ONLY USE RTD TO TRAVEL. However, I don't think you can travel to COP with RTD.

Unreal question..............

An asylee wishing to visit COP using advance parole ...... wow

1. Advance Parole is not given to asylees. RTD is the document granted for ASYLEES for Internation travel.

2. Could not imagine the face of a COP IO when a citizen of his country entering with RTD.

Dear cindyz76: advice your friend to .............. THINK.

My brother got an Advance Parole to return to COP when he was an asylee... but he never used it because a lawyer told him that he may have issues in adjusting his status later on...

His case is unique... his asylum was granted in humanitarian reasons and a disease that he has for life... not really persecution...

He is a Permanent Resident now.

So... I believe they do give them, however I dont know what consequences that may have later on...

Unreal question..............

An asylee wishing to visit COP using advance parole ...... wow

1. Advance Parole is not given to asylees. RTD is the document granted for ASYLEES for Internation travel.

2. Could not imagine the face of a COP IO when a citizen of his country entering with RTD.

Dear cindyz76: advice your friend to .............. THINK.

Well, technically, I believe you CAN get advance parole if you are an asylee. But as I mentioned in another post, when you return to the US, you will be admitted as a parolee, not as an asylee. So technically, you lose your asylum status if you use advance parole instead of RTD.

wow guys you are being kind of harsh. My fiance is an asylee and he wishes to go back to his COP for the first time because his grandmother is dying and she wishes to see him before she passes on. is it "unreal" for him to want to see his grandmother before she dies and he never sees her again? maybe you guys need to THINK about the fact that people still have a life and family in their COP. and its not like he plans to live there, he wants visit family. he is the only person here, he has no family in the US beside my family. so could you blame him for wanting to go back to his COP just for a few weeks?