Can anyone post how to apply transit UK visa online

Hi harapattawaiter
Did you find out any info on how to apply for the DATV online?
If so, plzz let me know. I am also sailing in the same boat!!

Thanks,
LSB

What orignal documents we need to send?

Did u find out what originals do we need to send for the visa?
Also plzz let me know the visa payment details.

Thx,
LSB

here r the details

Go to www.britainvisa.com and go under Visas. I completed by "Fasttrack" online application and paid by credit card. Then I sent the following document using Fedex :

1) Print out of Completed Application
2) Passport (original)
3) AP document (original)
4) 1 passport size photograph
5) Itinerary from my travel agent.
6) Covering letter

The website actually asks you to send the tickets I some people in this forum had mentioned that sending itinerary is sufficient.

Hope this helps

Rajma,

Did you get your visa from the consulate?
If so how long did it take from the time you mailed your application?

LSB

Processing time

Hi,

I mailed my DATV application to UK consulate in NY after filing it online using FASTTRACK option. I did it on 4th OCT and received an ack for 5th OCT. I haven't received my passport and all other ORIGINALS back yet. Now I am beginning to worry about the processing time as my travel date is coming closer. Doea anyone has similar kind of situation. I tried to contatc the consulate but noone is answerng the phone. I really need some help here.

Please advise what to do now?

LSB

LSB,

We received our documents without any problem from the British consulate. It took them about 5 days to process our visa. Fedex had left a note at our home and we picked the documents from the Fedex center.

I had fedexed my wife's visa application to the UK consulate in New York using Fast track. We had sent everything that Rajma indicated in her post except the Itinerary or the ticket. (because we were not sure of the departure date yet, therefore, didn't have any).

My wife received the packet back with the visa in exactly 5 business days. (although, I recall seeing a message online that said .. due to the high voulme of applications.. it may take 10 business days. etc.. So, LSB, you should be getting it anytime now.

A little background: A few weeks before my wife applied for the visa, I had applied for UK visa by fast track for business travel. I went to the consulate in person, all the gentleman did was to make a copy of the AP. I had the visa in hand in about 2 hours.

-Jay