Can anyone please answer my questions?

Sim sim

Hello everyone,
On June 6th I passed my citizenship test (through marriage), but the officer who interviewed me asked for more evidence. She told me that I was supposed to receive a letter within 4 weeks from the date of my interview. It's already passed 96 days and I still haven't heard anything from them. My husband and I called them several times but nobody could give us any updates. I forgot to mention that I was verbally abused and discriminated against by the officer who interviewed me, so I sent a written complaint to the immigration office where she works, but haven't heard anything from them. Do you guys think that my application is going to be denied? How long does it take for an application to get void?
Thanks everyone.

Spouse of an American living abroad

My husband is an American living abroad.He had never lived in US. He is applying for our kids by her mother through N600K. What about me ,his spouse? Is there any possibility for me to get an American passaport?

My husband is an American living abroad.He had never lived in US. He is applying for our kids by her mother through N600K. What about me ,his spouse? Is there any possibility for me to get an American passaport?
I am guessing you meant "HIS" mother, since it is your husband...

To get American passport, you have to be a US Citizen... to become a US Citizen, you need to go through the process of Naturalization... and to do that, first you need to have a Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) and live in the USA...
Your husband could apply for a green card for you, but I am not sure if doesn't have to live in the USA to do that...
You would have to move to the USA to keep your GC and reside there for at least 3 years to become eligible for the citizenship.
That is my opinion, please correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
appointment for an interview for a N600K application

I need an appointment for an interview for a N600K application. I want to apply for Newark NJ or somewhere in that area but the announcement on the USCIS site is confusing.

Field Office Processing Dates for Newark NJ as of: July 31, 2013
Form Form Name Processing Timeframe:
N-600 Application for Certification December 11, 2012

Can I apply there? I'm coming from abroad & I'm not sure how to get an appointment in the NY /NJ area.
The USCIS customer service does not have a human interface on their 18003755283 telephone customer service
Thx
Flo

I need an appointment for an interview for a N600K application. I want to apply for Newark NJ or somewhere in that area but the announcement on the USCIS site is confusing.

Field Office Processing Dates for Newark NJ as of: July 31, 2013
Form Form Name Processing Timeframe:
N-600 Application for Certification December 11, 2012

Can I apply there? I'm coming from abroad & I'm not sure how to get an appointment in the NY /NJ area.
The USCIS customer service does not have a human interface on their 18003755283 telephone customer service
Thx
Flo

I presume you are applying N600K. Why do you need to setup an interview. You fill the form and post it to the PO Box mentioned. They will setup all the necessary interview and pick the center based on your address.

All you have to do is specify a location in the NY/NJ area in the section of the N-600K "Preferred Location and Date for Interview", and they'll give you an appointment there or close to it.