Can anybody tell what "on the floor" means

Sesha Panguluri

Registered Users (C)
Hi
    Just now I Called VSC regarding my case status. I was told by the IIO my case is "on the floor" and I can hear some response in one month. Can anybody explain what "on the floor" means?

She also mentioned VSC is currently working on August and September cases.

Thanks,
Sesha.

No Title

It means that they are looking at it, or it is with an officer making the decision......

No Title

Shesha, could you post your details. Just curious to see what kind of cases are "on floor" now. Thanks in advance.

No Title

Sesha

If I\'m not mistaken I think "On the Floor" means your case will be denied. I\'m pretty sure thats what it means. Sorry, please pack your bags ASAP.

No Title

Hi !

My ND:8/4/99 and Rd:8/23/99 EB3 Pd:7/97 , When I contacted IIO, She said my case is under review and will take 30 days ? I am not sure what it means?
looks like , they are processing 8/23/cases .

-rbx

No Title

On the floor; means that ur application hasnt been touched yet; that is the literal meaning.

--Mango

No Title

Mango...!

Can you please share your thoughts about "under review" .How long
does it take,once it is udner review?

thanks in advance

rbx

No Title

Pakistan!

You have so much negative attitude. You are using the cover of pakistan. IF you are a decent software guy, you will not post it again the kind of junk replys, you are posting..

if you can\'t contribute some thing constructive, stay away for this
site. Lot of running out of patience with the people like you..

my two cents
rbx

No Title

Under review means it is in the final area. I think the turnaround time should be less than 2.5 weeks; based on the other discussions on this board;

--Mango

No Title

Your ND cannot be less than RD.!!!.

Your PD is not current. Did you ask her if they process cases with PD not current?

Thanks

No Title

Hi Sesha,

If I remember right, you have posted some discussion couple of weeks back about amending your existing I-485 petition with your 2nd EB2 I-140. From this posting it looks like that you are going ahead with your I-485 rather than going for CP.
Is that right?
Did you cancel your CP and managed to amend your existing I-485 with your 2nd I-140 (EB2)? If yes, will you please give the details as how you managed this?

Thank You

No Title

Hi Neil,
     My 2nd I140 was approved for AOS only, I got CP papers from National Visa Center (may be by mistake) and was told by VSC to ignore those papers.My Lawyer sent a request letter along with a copy of 2nd I140 to ammend to my I485. In VSC records my I485 is in EB2 category with the priority date of initial EB3 Labor. I confirmed the same with IIO today morning, at that time only I got the status of "on the floor" and ready to be picked up by an officer. If you come accross any IIO can you find out what "on the floor" status means.

Thanks,
Sesha.

No Title

Hi Sesha,

So far I have not managed to talk to an IIO. But per my knowledge based on what I gathered from various sites for the period of last 2 years, "on the floor" means that your file is in final staging area and very soon your long wait will be over. Standard time is anywhere from 15 - 60 days.

Good Luck!

No Title

I believe that if it is \'on the floor\', an officer is not currently
looking at the file but it will be looked at shortly. I got that
 response from an IIO and I heard from VSC about a
month later (RFE).
check

No Title

Hi Sesha,

Could you tell me how I can contact IIO in VSC?
Today I took a day off to call them, but I didn\'t go through, the line was always busy.
The phone is: (802)527-4913, isn\'t it?

My ND: 11/1/99, no FP yet.
EB3, China,
PD: 10/20/97.
So painful to wait.

Thanks,

Laura