Can anybody share NY interview experience?

Sahib Q

Registered Users (C)
I'm a bit weary about the amount time the whole thing is taking for me...
PD-October 1996 :eek:

How long does it take to have an interview scheduled?

RD 5/23/01 ND 8/3/01 TD 5/16/02. I am still waiting for the interview date. The only way to find out status of your case is to visit the local INS office.

Best of luck.

Kamal, do you need to be there at 4 a.p.

to get your place in the queue? Or is it just a "walk-in" procedure during the day?

When do you expect to get a call from Federal Plaza 26?

TD 10/30/02:mad:

Ivan,

Sorry to know about your transfer. One more proof of NY filers being subject to rigorous scrutiny (so many RFEs and/or transfers for NYers in past).

You are a derivative applicant. What about principal applicant's file? Transferred, too?

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Ivan,

1. There is a big Queue in the morning, but to enquire your case you would not have to wait too long. I have no experience on wlak ins.

2. I expect to get the Interview call by end of this year. This is based on my enquiry.

I am not sure at this time if it is taking long for the interview. In past nine months interviews on average took six to eight months. Thus it is too early to call.

Keep me posted... I will, too...

Hope they only want to make sure that you're a decent guy who won't jump on walfare after getting a GC.

For Sahib Q

You are a derivative applicant. Is your wife approved (or also transferred with you)?

What is your category - EB-3/EB-2/NIW/RIR...?

Thank you.

Also, if you suspect that your case was transferred due to un-classifiable FPs (as you once mentioned in past), I guess you might need police clearance certificates from places of your past residences.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

I am a derivitive applicant - yes I am...

My FP were unclassified, indeed... EB3...

see, I got all the good stuff: TD, EB3, unclassified FP, NY, PD 10/1996...

It's OK...Jut keep this thread live and share your experience and thoughts.

What si NIW and RIR?

Ivan,

If first time your FPs were unclassifiable, they should send you a second FP notice. If the second time FPs are unclassifiable, then third FP notice is rarely sent and instead they transfer to local office. So if your FPs were unclassifiable for the second time, too, then they might ask you to bring police clearance certificates from places of your residence during last 5 (?) years.

NIW is acronym for national interest waiver, where labor certification is waived in national interest.

RIR stands for reduction in recruitment, where labor certification is faster.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

My RD is June of 2001 and it got transfered to NYC local office in April of 2002 and NO, I HAVE NOT HEARD anything from NYC local office yet....

Look like this local office is running very slow...Anyone in the same boat and have any experience/insight to share?

thanks.

New Yorkers - don't loose tghis thread

There's not much information about NY transfers.

I just spoke to an attorney about this business - he said it's not unusual. They want to make sure you are what you claim you are.

Personally, I think that spending 7-8 years on Green Card is a bit too long...

I think I will have a sign on my grave "Here lies someone who spent his life working on Green Card and browsing immigration web-sites"

:(