Can anybody clarify FP Stage?

achal

Registered Users (C)
My friend had file concurrnet for I-140 and I 485 in May'03
and I also filed I 485 in May'03 after getting my I 140 approved.

She got her FP done within a month and got EAD.

But so far I have received only EAD (that is after a RFE)
NO FP.

What is the actual time for FP?
Can anybody tell me?

Is it from NSC or from local office?

Thanks in Advance

I do not think much meaing should be applied these days as to when one gets an FP notice, unless you are pretty close to approval dates. Sometimes it depends in which state or under which local INS center you are living under and their workloads.

I myself got FPed 1 month after my I485 application, my wife got the notice after a year. My FP expired and I got another FP notice.

Some of my friends who got theirs first FPs well after me already have their I485s approved.

Hi achal

My RD is Apr 16/03. I got FP notice around mid May. I gave FP
on June 12th. But one of my friend's RD is mid May-03. Still he hasn't get FP notice. But he got AP & EAD.
No FP updates on Rupnet's May-03 stat. I think BCIS(NSC) might have taken a decision not to send FP notice immediately for New I485 applications registered from mid May. This is my guess, because they can’t complete I 485 process before 15 months
of FP expiration.

There is not much of a weight when FP is done, but usually I've seen that most of the people get their FP notice sometime between 1 to 6 months of their filing of AOS. This is just a part of the process of AOS. The timing is not very important.

I've also seen a couple of friends of mine who got their FP and RFE in a row (that is, during the last stages of their process). Both of them received their approvals within a couple of months of FP.

So hang on, your turn should come soon.

Thanks

Thanks jaykarandikar, v_rkumar32, thukralrk for your inputs.

I also had heard that FP is the stage when USCIS deal with your file.

My friend got FP coz she had filed concurrent. Those cases are different. They do primary work and hold the file till I 140 get approved.

But I am not sure from where FP notice would be sent?
It is National Center or they transfer it to local office and they send FP notice.

If we can figure it out, it might help us to predict their process time.

Thanks
Achal

FP generation does not seem to have an identifiable pattern. Fingerprints are good for 15 months. The files are discared after that (the FP of course never expires), and the applicant is scheduled for another appointment if the I485 is not adjudicated.

The current processing time estimate at NSC is rougly 2 years. Consequently, receiving a FP appointment before 6 months could mean that a 2nd one will be required.

The key things to remember are:

1. The 1st FP date has no strong (or weak) correlation to the apporval date.
2. Every case is unique, and anecdotal evidence can support just about any theory.

sadiq

Thanks Sadiq for your feedback.

But observing the recent pattern cases are approved fast if FP has been generarted lately (after 6 months) . May be I am wrong, it is just what I felt.

achal,

In this case, I hope you're right. I just had my 2nd set of FP a week ago!

RD 12/18/01

rgds,
sadiq