Can any one tell the interview wait time at Chennai

babunicy

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

Can any one tell me what is the interview wait time at Chennai my file has come to Chennai consulate on 5th of July so when should i expect the interview date Please help me as soon as possible. Is there a way to trak my file movement at Counsulate.

Babu K.S

Hi Babu KS --

60 days used to be the case -- it seems to be taking a little longer nowadays. There's no way to "track" the case, but apparently, the consulate will confirm receipt of your case if you call them. I'll let peter_guest write more -- he's had direct experience with the Chennai consulate. My case reached Delhi in early June, and they replied to my email confirming receipt and saying that they will schedule me in the "forthcoming months." I don't know that they will actually tell you the interview date in email -- so the only real recourse is to check the consulate webpage around the middle of each month, when the interview list for the next month comes out.

Best wishes!

Looks like you will be scheduled sometime in september. My case was sent from the NVC on 5/18/05. Just emailed the consulate yesterday and they had mentioned that they will schedule me in august. They asked me to wait until july 15 to know the exact date. GS28, thats pretty encouraging. Gonna keep my fingers crossed and hope there's no retrogression in the august bulletin! GS28, any news from NWD?
Good luck!

Thanks for you replay,

I would like to know if i can make it in October some time I do not need in September because my wife is pregnant and the due for the baby is some time in September so we cannot attend the interview in September with our baby. We need some time to take the passport for the baby so it is convenient for October is there a way tell them in advance that we prefer to have the interview in October. Can you just guide me in this case?

Babu K.S

peter: no word from NWD, but I'm encouraged by your story! I'll email NWD right away.

babu: I'd say wait a few weeks and then email or call Chennai with your concerns. In such a situation they may be a bit accomodating.

Request in change of interview date

Hi all:

I have just sent a completed DS-230 Part I with required documentation to the NVC. So it will be a while before I know my interview date. However, I had two questions:

1. I was wondering if the interview date, once set can be requested to be changed. I have an upcoming professional examination in mid October in the US that I cannot afford to miss.

2. How many days should one go to India for consular processing? I can take only minimum required holidays from work since I teach and it will be in the middle of an academic semester.

Please advise. Thanks.