can any one answer my question pleaseeeee

RAVICHAND1

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I am about to file I-140, I-485 but I am concerned with one major question? :confused:

I was working for a company A until Feb 28 (laid off on Feb28 2003) but receiving severance pay on bi-weekly manner until MAY 1st 2003. I have joined Company B on Apr 21st 2003 (the H1 recipt date is also APR 21st 2003). am I out of Status from Mar 1st 2003 to Apr 21st 2003? :confused: if I am is it going to cause any problems in my I-140 or in any of the green card processes? How do I show my dates of employment, am I supposed to put APR 21st as the last date with Company A? your answer to this question is a gret HELP TO ME .....Thanks in advance

Thanks

Thanks for your qucik reply....I am trying to get the letter from the company A saying I worked to them thru APR 30 2003, but it looks a remote possibility:confused: .... If I couldnt get the letter from them saying I worked thru APR 2003....what will be my options....please advise...I am very confused :confused:

Originally posted by RAVICHAND1
Thanks for your qucik reply....I am trying to get the letter from the company A saying I worked to them thru APR 30 2003, but it looks a remote possibility:confused: .... If I couldnt get the letter from them saying I worked thru APR 2003....what will be my options....please advise...I am very confused :confused:

A small gap in your employment may not be used against you. Try to be as truthful as possible and seek advise of a competent lawyer / professional. If you have your I-94 valid during those days you should be fine. Your attorney would be able to draft a convincing letter in case a RFE is generated.

Again experience letter necessarily need not be from your employer... any collegue of yours who had worked with you can provide your experience letter.

hth
dyno

Apparently it's a small company with irregular practice. Go after them and get the letter.

It should not be a problem. If the gap is less then six months you are covered under 245(k). Your attorney should help you out.