Can 485 be processed after FP expiry

texasbig

Registered Users (C)
or we have to repeat FP? Anyone got his/her case processed after FP expiry without doing FP again? If we have to do FP, is there anything we can do except waiting for the miracle?

Our FP was expired last week (I'm assuming 15 months validation). Our RD is Nov 17, 2001. I did get RFE in Feb 2004 and I repsonded immediately and TSC ack receiving it on Mar 1. The FRE is about empolyment letter, coampany's ability to pay, tax returns, etc. My current salary is more than that LC required. I haven't changed my job since filing LC and don't plan to do so in the near future. Is there something I have to concern why it take so long to get it processed? I talked to my lawyer's assistant and the consitent answer is to wait.

Thanks for the advice.

I am also in the same boat. My FP expired in 7/03 and until date no sign of a notice.BTW my RFE was ack 3/22/04.
I was told to wait!!!!!!!!!!!

I am aumming that we are fine till REF stage

I have a ACKed REF on Feb. 27 of 2004. So far I saw no sign to get approval. FP will be due on May. 28 of 2004. RN/ND is the same. It is on 01/18/02. My atterney wrote letter to TSC center to ask the reason since 60 days were passed after REF.

So again... no idea how long we have to wait after RFE response

Lets mention the the officer no. in this thread for RFE cases.

I heard #255 is little bit first.. but already 9 days passed after RFE acknowledgement and no reply yet..

Any idea what criteria they follows.. I saw for EB1 cases its very very fast..

Dont know why they are holding it now....If needed something else for RFE.. they should ask ....

what about that 60 days rule after RFE.. They should look into it within that 60 days

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a FP notice from TSC after my first one expired for 2 months

Our RFE was ack'ed on 2/6, and so far we still don't see the sign of a happy ending... We did the second FP on 5/4 and the on line message changed to FP received on 5/10... Endless waiting...

We did ask our lawyer if we need to request the FP, initally, he didn't want to do it... After we insisted, he finally sent a letter to TSC to request for another FP, but interestingly, our FP notice arrived before his letter got to TSC... So really don't know what triggered TSC to send us the 2nd FP...

I am also in the same boat. My FP was done Dec 02

15 months already expired.

Should we just have to keep quite...... ????

I believe that the FP should be current for approval. I did my 2nd FP last month after my first expired after 15 months. Change of address triggered the 2nd FP. No RFE so far. I'd recommend to be proactive and request the second FP by calling the 800# or writing to TSC (if you have an address). Don't bother asking help from the paralegal at your company, they just do paperwork, nothing else.
RD: 7/3/01
ND: 8/3/01
1st FP: 11/02
2nd FP: 4/04

Thanks

Good Luck to you Adman.

Yours is August 2001 ND............ Yours is over due.

Sincerely hope you get this done.

My lawyer agreed sending an inquiry

to TSC since he responded RFE more than 2 months agao. He also told me if in one month we don't hear anything from TSC, the only thing he can do is to raise the issue to AILA. Here is my detail:
PD: 5/98
RD/ND: 11/17/2001
RFE Ack: 3/1/2004, officer #192
AD: God knows

Hopefully I can hear something from TSC soon.
BTW can I raise the issue with senate or congressman in my district now or wait until the processing date passing my RD/ND (should be next time TSC publishing its processing time)?