calling same IIO twice on same day..any problems??

No Title

GC2,

Just wanted to add couple of things to what rjngh2000 and Dee Rod explained.

1. Even though it says 180 days it is better to count 6 months from RD. I mean if your RD is 08/27 then wait until 02/27. I heard in couple of cases w.r.t. Interim EAD (which one can get after 90 days) when then went to local INS they were told that they have to wait for 3 months (not literally 90 days). So to be on safe side count 6 months or 180 days which ever is longer.

2. Regarding logs about calls to IIOs: In the past I read on this board that in couple of cases IIO told them that a log will be maintained about calls (it could be just to discourage callers who just want to find status by talking to IIO instead of any corrections etc). I believe that surely a log will be maintained because some one need to look into details of how many calls received how many responded etc. I also believe that if needed some one (IIO) can get information from that log to see how many times the person talked to IIO. The speculation was if there is an IIO who wants to give tough time to a person who called frequently then (s)he can check the log and give an RFE etc. But I don\'t believe that an IIO has that much time to spend on a case and by the way if some one wants to give tough time then they can do it any way without checking the log though!

3. As every one suggested calling IIO won\'t speed up the process normally. It could help if because of some reason the case is stuck somewhere and AVM is not giving proper information then one can find out what is going on. Also if the case is past due then some IIO may help (for e.g. at this point of time if an April filer calls IIO and if the case is not yet assigned then IIO may do some thing about it). But in your case I agree with others that there is no use of calling IIO at this point of time (especially twice in the same day).

Good luck
PCee

Didn\'t cause me problems

I did have specific problems with my case that required me to repeatedly call the INS until I got an officer to take an interest in my case.
Over a two month period I called atleast once a week (sometimes twice).
It never caused me any problems and I\'d still be waiting if I hadn\'t finally found an officer to take an interest in my case.
So I don\'t think that calling too often should ordinarily cause problems with your case.
On the other hand I wholeheartedly agree that unless you have specific issues with your case, calling won\'t make a difference. Even with my issue it still took me two months until an officer finally took an interest.

the question

is what is the law
The law says if a person changes jobs and the job is same or similar in nature and the case has not been adjudicated 180 days from filing
then the officer should not deny approval

The law is clear cut about 180 days.

Many people have asked
a) 180 days from receipt date or notice date - 99.99 percent of people agree it should be from receipt date
b) 180 working days or calendar days - Most of the people say calendar days
c) 180 days from reciept date till changing jobs or 180 days from receipt date till adjudication - Most people agree on receipt date till adjudication (However in CSC people advise repeat advise on changing job after 180 days)

Yes it would be nice for the individual if he was past 200 or 250 days but in a crunch situation with the help of a good lawyer I am sure the border line individual would still win.

Hope this helps