calling ppl who might change jobs / laid off before I140 approval

whorl1quote

Registered Users (C)
(cross post sorry)

anyone who might be changing jobs or be laid off before I140 approval and is unsure if AC21 would work? I think it'd be nice if we can connect through emails.

I am also calling those who had left their jobs with pending I140. Some of you may have sent AC21 letter or have replied RFEs or have been just waiting. Since this is such a gray area now, we should keep one another updated on the last development!

please send me a private message with your email. I will start a yahoo group to keep everyone updated.

so we have a few people in the same boat..lets keep it updated if there is any info to share...thanks

Hi whorl1quote,

I have posted my details in the thread on "Financial Info..". I have used AC21, I cannot call it successful although it has not failed yet. The case is still open and based on whatever I have got till now, it is working fine. The situation may change anytime or continue same way or may actually result in success. I would keep you posted.

Hi naanshi,

Sorry, I have been away for sometime and was not able to respond earlier on the status of my case. It is still the same. Last LUD on 7/28.

I was working on applying second 140/485 under EB2 from CA before Sept 30, just to try my luck if I would get picked for Pilot program. I know I am not so lucky in immigration matters, yet "Karma" is our duty and that is what I am doing.

I was able to get a substitute labor and have applied for EB2 140 / 485 today in CA.

Now I have 2 processes open. One at Vermont and second at CA. Hopefully, atleast one should workout. I have kept in mind the suggestions provided by you on using substitute labor. Financials of the company are OK, revenue of 20 millions, 200 plus employees and the labor details are matching in terms of experience and education.

I would also call customer service center now and try to find out about my earlier case and let you know accordingly.

Any further movement in your case???

whorl1quote said:
i've collected a few people. i will send out emails once i have more in a week.
by the way, anyone knows about the cases of Jharkhandi and GC_GoneCase? it sounded like they've successfully applied Ac21 on pending I140s?

this is the thread I was talking about: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=140298

mmrajesh, did your old employer revoke your previous H1B? are you trying to wait for either I140 approval or RFE?

I will be changing job in the next 1 - 2 months.
The company where I currently work (small company) is aware of this situation, and they told me that they will continue with my GC process.

I spoke with my lawyer, and she told me that with the EAD I can work for any other employer, if I have the same or similar position. My I-140 and I-485 will have 6+ months since they were filed at the time I change jobs.

Since my current company will continue with the GC process, they will reply to any RFE.

Inwood
EB2
EAD AD: 07/27/04
I-140 ND: 05/04/04
I-485 ND: 05/04/04 -- 6 months on 11/04/04 --