calling ppl who might change jobs / laid off before I140 approval

whorl1quote

Registered Users (C)
(cross post sorry)

anyone who might be changing jobs or be laid off before I140 approval and is unsure if AC21 would work? I think it'd be nice if we can connect through emails.

I am also calling those who had left their jobs with pending I140. Some of you may have sent AC21 letter or have replied RFEs or have been just waiting. Since this is such a gray area now, we should keep one another updated on the last development!

please send me a private message with your email. I will start a yahoo group to keep everyone updated.

I left job before my 140 is approved. I used H1b transfer for my new job. Not yet sent AC21 letter, previous employer promised he will continue the process. I will send the letter only if I get a RFE.

*** (very interesting name) you are on the same boat as many people. me 2. I am now negotiating with my current employer to not withdraw my case. In the case of RFEs, your best bet is to ask the old employer to answer the RFE for you.

However, if you get W2 or paystub or EVL RFEs, it will be difficult for your old employer to reply the RFE since they do not have those things. Do bot mess with AC21 if you can.

Having interview may be another problem, although it's not common to have it i heard.
please send me a private message of your email.

whorl1quote said:
*** (very interesting name) you are on the same boat as many people. me 2. I am now negotiating with my current employer to not withdraw my case. In the case of RFEs, your best bet is to ask the old employer to answer the RFE for you.

However, if you get W2 or paystub or EVL RFEs, it will be difficult for your old employer to reply the RFE since they do not have those things. Do bot mess with AC21 if you can.

Having interview may be another problem, although it's not common to have it i heard.
please send me a private message of your email.

whorl1quote: what is EVL RFE? and why would the interview be a problem?
Thanks in Advance

after you leave the sponsoring company before I140 approval, there are two situations that you may be forced to use AC21.

1) You got RFEs, which may include paystubs, W2 and employment verification letter (EVL)

2) your case is transfered to the local office. i heard about 20% of the cases are transferred to the local office, in California. Likely you will get an interview before they approve your 485. In the interview, they will ask for many documents, including W2, paystubs, EVL. If you did get an interview, the best bet is to bring a Ac21 letter from new employer, and the August 2003 meno with you, EVL and paystubs from new employer.

mmrajesh, have you sent in AC21 letter? Did your old employer withdraw your I140?

send me your email address via private messaging so i can update you any new development on AC21 development on pending I140.