Calling on all Schedule A (Nurses and Physical Therapist) applicants

spiicy

Hi everyone,
I have read a lot of threads but it seems there is nothing for Schedule A (Nurses and Physical Therapist). I thought it will be a nice idea for all those who have schedule A cases come and participate in this thread and share their experiences. Thank you.

Processing for Schedule-A really quick

Following are the details for my wife.

I-140/I485 RD 07/26/06
I140/ AP 08/17/06
Fingerprinting done on 08/08/06
I485 RFE Visascreen - 09/22/06
(Officer made comment that he would have approved the same day had the Visascreen been present.)
RFE replied on 10/02/06
RFE acknowledged on 10/06/06
I485 AD on 10/10/06

Good idea

Hi Spiicy,

It is a nice idea. I have also noticed there is no seperate forum for schedule A. We will keep posted the happenings.

Hi Moonshiner,

Surprising...It is very fast. BTW, which service center you have filed? Which country are you from?

Ravinka

My wife applied at the Nebraska Service Center. But the case was transferred to Texas Service Center.

My wife is Indian and I am Canadian.

Schedule A news

Hi,

I got this news from one of the members of this forum... :mad:

Earlier primarily registered nurses, physical therapists used to file their GC application under EB3. In May 205, US Govt. to ameliorate the shortage of nurses and physical therapists in the United States, granted 50,000 visa numbers exclusively for them and made a separate category called Schedule A. This was one time allotment.

Unlike other categories in the DOS Visa Bulletin, once the Schedule A numbers are all used, no more will be issued unless the law changes to increase the quota again.

If the Schedule A numbers are depleted, these cases will be charged against the regular employment-based, third preference quota (EB3 visa numbers), as they were before. If this happens, existing and future applications from primarily registered nurses and physical therapists will be considered under EB3. :(

References:

http://www.shusterman.com/siu.html#2

http://www.murthy.com/mb_pdf/090106_P.html (Predictions on Visa Availability for Nurses and Physical Therapists)

Ravinka