Calling local senator

vsctemp

Registered Users (C)
How does one obtain their local senator name. What do you normally ask for and what information does one provide the senators office (ie EAC Number etc). Do they respond back to you at all after contacting the senators office. How affectice is this? Answers to any of these questions will help a lot of people.

No Title

You could go to senate.gov and find your local senator\'sdetails etc.
But I do not think it is effective. Just my thought!

senator\'s help.

No use. They told me that they will help us only if it is a life and death situation.
Well that is reason why we went to them. They never follow it up.
They dont return the phone calls and when you go see them in
person they say that they are working on it. Atleast we gave up hope.

No Title

I contacted political local people in my area and helped me to do the things i wanted.
You need the following.

a. write a cover letter what u asking from them attached with your ins notine..
b. support the arguments on cover letter.
c. Set an appointment with them, find a contact which knows them so the politicians can be more effective..

Good luck

Sample letter to congressman

To:
The Honorable Congressman
XXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXX
PA Date: June 1, 2001

Honorable Congressman:

I am writing this letter to you regarding the delay I am experiencing in my green card processing. After getting my labor certification (1998) and I-140 (1999) approved, I had applied for I-485 (adjustment of status) in February 2000. In the month of April 2001, the Vermont INS office transferred the application to the Philadelphia office stating that preliminary processing has been completed (Notice of Action- attached), and that the Philadelphia office will notify me about further processing.

I inquired at the Philadelphia INS office about the case status, to which they responded that it may take up to 9 months to process the case. It is unfortunate that, whereas applications submitted 4-5 months after my application are being approved by the Vermont office, that I have to wait another 9 months for the interview. It seems to me that my case is being delayed beyond the normal processing time currently being observed in similar category. The following table compares the dates of my case to a sample approved case (source: immitracker.com).
Details:
                 My Case Sample Apprvd Case
EAC #
Alien #
Labor Cert Date
I-140 approval date
I-485 RD
Finger printing date
Transfer date
Status

Honorable Congressman, I request your help in getting this case expedited. I am requesting your kind assistance after patiently waiting for three years going through the normal process. With the recent law providing immigration benefits to previously illegal aliens, the Philadelphia office (and other offices) is overburdened with workload. I am afraid that, unless I get help from your good office, my case may get further delayed.

Please accept my sincere thanks and appreciation for your kind assistance.

Sincerely,

Hanumanji

Attachments:
Labor Certification Approval showing priority date July 10, 1998.
Transfer Notice from INS.

Check this out and decide if it\'s going to help you !!! Time has changed.

deejjjaaaa "iGaters and others-- would like to share this with you!" 7/30/01 1:36pm

No Title

I guess Phil is absolutely correct, that\'s the personal advise you are getting folks